Placencia, Belize (PRWEB) April 17, 2013
Chabil Mar was recently featured in a Sport Diver Magazine selection, to highlight the Top 5 scuba diving destinations from Placencia, Belize. Mr. Synescio Coh, General Manager, said "Chabil Mar is in a somewhat unique position in that, due to our boutique size and specialty approach to providing vacation services for our guests, we also have specialized partners and award winning independent dive centers in Placencia, just outside our doors. We are then able to create a partnership that allows us to concentrate on our expertise, i.e. guest exclusive vacation amenities, while our dive center partners focus on their specialty, premier scuba diving and snorkeling operations and tours. We believe our guests then receive the best of both worlds."
At last official count there are a minimum of 20 named dive sites in the southern waters of Belize, off Placencia, bursting with untouched coral and abundant fish life. While the task of picking the Top 5 Placencia Scuba Diving Sites was a difficult one, Chabil Mar's dive center partners decided which sites were among the best of Belize, from novice to expert, naming them luxury dive sites of Placencia, Belize.
1. Whale Shark Diving: Directly east of Placencia at Gladden Spit. Seasonal visitation of whale sharks during the months of March to June in the days following the full moon.
2. Laughing Bird Caye: World Heritage Site! Caye is located 11 nautical miles east of Placencia. A) Coral Garden: Coral Garden is known for its abundance and variety of coral. B) Laughing Bird Drop Off: Sandy patches make this site a perfect location for open water training and checkout dives. C) The Wreck: Depth: 30-90 feet/10-27mt - Expertise Rating: Intermediate
3. Diving Glovers Reef: A) The Aquarium: With crystal clear water and all the marine life to be seen here, this site is like diving in an aquarium. B) Off The Wall: This wall starts at 25 feet/8mt then drops steep 6000 feet/1800mt into the Barlet deep, the deepest trench in the Caribbean.
4. Blue Hole Dive: The Blue Hole located on the Lighthouse Reef Atoll is one of Belize’s best known dive sites. Available for both full day and overnight excursions.
5. The Pinnacle: an interesting dive site that has lots to offer divers looking for a change from walls and canyon type formations. Huge pinnacles that starts at 100 feet/30mt rise up to around 25 feet/8mt below the surface.
New sites are being discovered every day, along and within the world's second largest barrier reef and the many islands inside and outside of the reef. Read the full story - Page 114. So, while the preferences are different for each diver, this guide is designed to highlight those Top 5 that are the most significantly unique to the Placencia scuba diving experience.