New York City, NY (PRWEB) April 12, 2013
Having a dry spell? According to a survey by WhatsYourPrice.com, the only dating auction website, your school may be to blame. Using its date-offer system, the website found which female students received the highest offers to reveal the “Top Universities with the Hottest Female Population”. Schools that ranked higher on the list had the largest percentage of female students with the highest bids when compared to the national average.
On WhatsYourPrice.com, college students make up approximately 35% of the website’s 650,000 members. According to data from the website, female coeds receive bids of $120.00 per date on average, which is $40.00 more than their non-collegiate counterparts. The website offers college students a free premium membership upgrade when they register with their dot-EDU email addresses.
“Female coeds receive a 66 percent higher offer for a first date, which is the highest of any demographic on our website,” says Wade. “This increased demand can be attributed to both their beauty and youthful perspective towards life.”
Universities with the “Hottest” Female Students
School Name- Average bid price - % of students that receive the average bid - #of dates per week
1. University of Central Florida - $195 (59%) - 3
2. Arizona State University - $190 (61%) - 3
3. University of Tennessee - $185 (84%) - 4
4. University of California, Santa Barbara -$185 (82%) - 3
5. New York University - $180 (63%) – 4.5
6. University of California, Santa Cruz -$175 (66%) – 3.5
7. University of Georgia - $175 (51%) – 3
8. University of Southern California -$170 (51%) - 3
9. University of Alabama - $165 (81%) - 5
10. Texas State University - $165 (78%) - 4
Universities with the Least Attractive Female Students
1. Duke University - $45 (73%) - 2
2. West Virginia University - $45 (67%) -3
3. University of South Dakota - $50 (59%) – 2.5
4. University of Notre Dame - $50 (57%) - 2
5. Florida State University - $55 (51%) - 1
Female students from the schools that made the list received offers $85-$115 that of the national average. Data from the students indicated that these students also went on an average of 3-5 dates every week versus the 2.5 national averages. Dates varied from lunch dates, coffee, and various activities, to full on evening engagements.
“WhatsYourPrice provides a way for members to monetize their romantic pursuits,” says Wade. “The average college student will go on 130 dates this year, at an average rate of 2.5 dates a week. This would cost a non-member $10,400 annually in first-date costs.”
For more information on the Beauty by College Study, or to schedule an interview, please contact Angela Jacob Bermudo at 702-497-8808 or email us at press(at)whatsyourprice(dot)com. Additional articles by WhatsYourPrice.com can be found on the website's blog.
WhatsYourPrice.Com is the world’s only dating auction website where over 650,000 members buy-and-sell first dates. Launched in April 2011, WhatsYourPrice.com was founded by Brandon Wade founder & CEO of a number of successful niche online dating websites The website incentivizes the opportunities for first dates, as well as eliminates the superficial standards created by traditional online dating.