Charlotte, NC (PRWEB) April 17, 2013
Aster Group, one of the largest selling and consulting partners for SAP’s Business Planning & Consolidation (BPC) application, has helped a large privately-held US energy company become one of the first in North America to go live on SAP BPC on SAP HANA, a new flexible, multi-purpose, data-source-agnostic, in-memory appliance that provides real-time analytics. SAP BPC on HANA helps customers eliminate manual Excel-driven planning and consolidations processes and gain better insight into their data.
This leading energy company has several independent business units that roll up to the consolidated corporate office. They needed to replace aging Consolidations and Planning tools and reduce the amount of time it took to manually compile information via Excel. By empowering their finance and operational staff with self-serve features in BPC, they sought to reduce their technical-team workload.
The company needed to find a tool that would also satisfy their heavy capital planning requirements and allow them to create a monthly forecast process. The independent business units also wanted to be able to feed their annual plans to the corporate office in real-time.
They selected SAP Business Planning & Consolidation as the single, unified application to help them streamline and accelerate their planning, forecasting and consolidations processes all while utilizing the familiar Microsoft Excel interface. Users, even those not technically savvy, are able to leverage the Excel interface and interact with BPC’s EPM add-in.
With SAP BPC and SAP HANA, the company – with approximately 500 company codes and 26,000 cost centers, was able to achieve faster, more granular reporting and planning than they ever anticipated.
Business efficiencies include:
– Scenario Modeling – 50% less time to present their executives with an updated business model based on anticipated volatility in commodities prices
– Queries – “night and day” difference – query which used to take 18 minutes now completes in under a minute
– System Integration - Ability to extract well data from 3rd party applications and load into BPC. This allowed storing forecasted volumes and revenue at a well by well level in turn giving the client the ability to calculate differentials and depletion rates at this lowest level
– Custom Calculations and Measures – Data can now be displayed at a total, YTD, or per day basis. Ability to convert and store volumes at BOEs has also proved invaluable
– OpEx and UOM calculations – 60% less time in BPC HANA for driver-based planning as well as conversion of BBL and MCF into BOE/day for financial and operational reporting
– Ad Hoc Reporting - Allows deep dive into details in a matter of seconds
– Create Financial Statements - Including but not limited to IS, BS, and CFS on consolidated and IBU levels
Aster Group is bringing another SAP BPC on HANA customer live in June and will be sharing these experiences during a webinar on Wednesday, April 24th.
To register for the SAP BPC on HANA webinar, go to http://www.astergroup.com/upcoming-webcasts/
About Aster Group
Aster Group is a leader in Enterprise Performance Management and one of SAP's largest selling and consulting partners for the SAP Business Planning & Consolidation (BPC) application. By utilizing a combination of functional business experience, product expertise, and industry best practices, Aster Group enables clients to maximize the business value of their solution.
Aster Group's services include: SAP BPC implementation services (NetWeaver and Microsoft SQL), upgrades, help desk, remote administration, online and onsite training courses, health check assessments, technical services, and end-to-end Business Intelligence.