There are many pieces that need to interact to make in-car applications successful. The industry is evolving fast and new partnerships are developing.
Munich, Germany (PRWEB) April 16, 2013
To date automakers have struggled to synchronise with the consumer electronics world and still many consumers find it hard to understand why they can’t just dock their own tablets in the vehicle to bring their apps into the car. Automakers have one of the toughest battles on their hands. They must now prove their ability to adapt to the ever changing consumer electronics world in order to capture and hold the market’s attention.
To try and bridge this gap, automakers must communicate more with innovative consumer electronics technology companies to successfully integrate popular content into the vehicle. Volvo’s Head of Content Acquisition recently highlighted that “There are many pieces that need to interact to make in-car applications successful. The industry is evolving fast and new partnerships are developing.’
To help aid new partnership development, The Content & Apps for Automotive Conference & Exhibition (18-19th June, Munich, Germany) will provide key strategies, analysis and networking opportunities to help the automotive, device and mobile content industries to identify opportunities surrounding in-car apps and content.
This year’s event will bring together the automakers, tier 1 suppliers, content and mobile leaders to discuss the latest OEM content strategies, business models for app stores, new advances to work more closely with the developer ecosystem (such as HTML5 ready platforms) and operating system trends amongst other topic.
Speakers at the 2013 event include:
- Reinhard Jurk, Project Manager - Connected Drive, BMW
- Bruce Hazan, Senior Solution Engineer, Facebook
- Joerg Luetzner, Director - Online Services, Continental Automotive
- Andrei Iordache, Product Management Specialist, Kia Motors
- Emmanuel Bonbon, Connectivity and Multimedia General Manager, Renault
- Candido Peterlini, Director - Infotainment Product Concept , Fiat Automotive
- Pascal de Mul, Global head of hardware partnerships, Spotify
- Ulrich Kersken, Chief Architect, Robert Bosch
- Lars, Möreke, Mobile Services, Volkswagen Financial Services
- Martin Kristensson, Head of Content Acquisition, Volvo
Get your own copy of the complete Content & Applications for Automotive Europe 2013 conference program and speaker line-up at: http://www.telematicsupdate.com/contenteu , or contact the Conference Director, Emily Savage.
Conference Director | Telematics Update
esavage(at)telematicupdate(dot)com | +44 (0) 207 375 7532