(PRWEB UK) 18 April 2013
It has been reported by the BBC that the explosion destroyed three homes, damaging 200 more and hospitalising a woman in her seventies. 16 people in total were hurt in the blast in Merlin Road, including Marie Burns, who remained in hospital for a number of months. Paul Kay, 31 from Warrington, admitted a charge under the Gas Safety Act recently at Manchester Crown Court. Kay had been undertaking renovation work the day before the explosion, as part of a wider project to install new kitchens in houses on the estate. When Mrs Burns went to turn her gas oven on, she experienced her house exploding around her.
Renowned for their Catford emergency plumbers, Plumber 24 Hours also specialises in gas safety throughout the country, including Manchester. Naturally, the team were concerned to hear of the news. A representative explains the importance of selecting the right person to carry out gas works in the home.
“It is imperative to remember to only let Gas Safe Registered engineers work on your property. A Gas Safe Registered engineer is someone who has been checked to make sure they are competent and qualified to work safely and legally with gas. They will also possess a range of qualifications that allow them to carry out specific types of gas work, making it all the more important to source their expertise.
“Gas Safe Registered engineers carry their own registered ID card which you should always ask to see prior to any work being undertaken. It is also important to contact a company rather than allowing a door to door worker to see to your boiler or other appliance. It would also be advisable to install an audible carbon monoxide detector.”
Plumber 24 Hours is the nation’s leading emergency plumber company. Run by Martin Smith, the firm offers plumbers, gas engineers, oil engineers, drainage engineers and emergency electricians and works to provide a 24-hour domestic and commercial plumbing service 365 days of the year. With customer service the principle concern, Plumber 24 Hours has been noted by magazines as the most reliable plumbing emergency company. The company also makes use of the latest technology on the internet to make sure everything runs smoothly.