Washington, DC (PRWEB) April 17, 2013
Industry-leading health business information publisher Atlantic Information Services, Inc. (AIS) is pleased to announce the release of Managed Medicare and Medicaid Factbook: 2013, the seventeenth edition of the best-selling annual book that tracks rates, benefit designs, enrollment, contacts, trends and strategies on the Medicare Advantage, Medicare Part D and managed Medicaid programs.
With almost a 10% growth in public-sector programs over the past year, Managed Medicare and Medicaid Factbook: 2013 provides up-to-date enrollment data to help managers of HMOs and provider-sponsored plans, hospital managers and health system executives, group practice managers, managers of IDSs, insurance executives, government health care officials, benefit designers, legislators and pharmacy benefit managers develop strategic plans. This valuable resource offers trends and data for:
- Medicare Advantage/Medicare managed care, Medicare Part D and managed Medicaid enrollment
- Medicare eligibles by state, market penetration by state and by region
- Enrollees by type of product — including Part D, Special Needs Plans, HMO, local PPO, regional PPO, PFFS and others
- Directories of MA, Medicaid plans and Part D plans with contact information
- MA and Medicaid plans’ financial trends, market strategies, merger and acquisition activity, and other company news
The book also includes expert insight into:
- Profitability factors — Cost savings through care management; payment rate and premium changes; pharmacy cost-sharing; and medical loss ratio (MLR) compliance
- Quality initiatives — Strategies for boosting star ratings; quality bonus criteria; and NCQA rankings analyses
- Business-building challenges — MA market expansions; mergers and exits; state expansion initiatives; marketing strategies and results; benefit design trends; and dual-eligible ventures
Managed Medicare and Medicaid Factbook: 2013 is also available on CD, which contains a user-friendly PDF of the book for fast searching, and exclusive Medicare and Medicaid data and analysis not contained in the print version:
- Primary source AIS data and CMS data in Excel spreadsheets, so users can see — and manipulate — the data in its raw form
- Historical data of Medicare and Medicaid managed care plans
- Information about Part D participants with benefit structure and enrollment data
- Mailing lists
To view more information, including a complete table of contents and sample pages, visit http://aishealth.com/marketplace/managed-medicare-and-medicaid-factbook.
About Atlantic Information Services
Atlantic Information Services, Inc. (AIS) is a publishing and information company that has been serving the health care industry for more than 25 years. It develops highly targeted news, data and strategic information for managers in hospitals, health plans, medical group practices, pharmaceutical companies and other health care organizations. AIS products include print and electronic newsletters, websites, looseleafs, books, strategic reports, databases, webinars, and conferences. Learn more at http://www.AISHealth.com.