Part of ROC’s decision to launch ecoROC was not only to promote environmental awareness within our company, tenants, and local community, but to take part in a movement that inspires more companies to transform their buildings, resources, and practices.
Los Angeles, CA (PRWEB) April 17, 2013
With Earth Day approaching, Real Office Center’s (ROC) program ecoROC is sharing tips for other businesses to increase their environmental awareness by incorporating green business practices.
“Part of ROC’s decision to launch ecoROC was not only to promote environmental awareness within our company, tenants, and local community, but to take part in a movement that inspires more companies to transform their buildings, resources, and practices,” says CEO and Founder Ron McElroy of Real Office Centers.
Real Office Centers’ ecoROC offers the following tips for green business:
1. Use DIRTT recycled modular offices to decrease the footprint from the production facilities by two thirds.
2. Make sure to have Energy Star rated buildings and appliances to match.
3. Initiate Mixed Recycling programs to include organic waste recycling.
4. Install light sensors in every room and couple this with efficient lighting technology.
5. Utilize water-saving techniques such as waterless urinals.
6. Encourage alternative transportation such as bicycles with the installation of bike racks and locking areas as well as the acquisition of bike pumps and tire patch kits.
7. Purchase local products and incorporate post-consumer recycled content in all paper products in the office, including office and kitchen supplies.
This will allow businesses to capitalize on green tax credits and sustainability-related incentives as well as receive grants from the Department of Energy and other programs. The Small Business Innovation Research and Technology Transfer also offers funding in the federal R&D arena.
On a business level, this will increase the revenue and market share by meeting the growing demand for green, healthy, and responsibly sources products and services. Moreover, investors will appreciate transparency on such sustainability issues as will the talent it attracts.
EcoROC is a vital and core program at Real Office Centers, bringing environmental awareness to the tenants, ROC, and local community. Established for ROC to upload sustainability principles, ecoROC demonstrates an environmental responsibility platform that businesses and investors alike respect and promote. Through innovation, education, and efficiency these practices can be taught for a sustainable business model, education and events, as well as sustainability business strategies for startups.
Real Office Centers (ROC) are shared office workspaces owned and operated by CEO and Founder Ron McElroy. These collaborative work environments boast the top entertainment and media startups, law firms, venture capitalists, university talent, and event companies who all come together under ROC’s roof. Offering short-term contracts, companies have the chance to lease space at their own rate and have plenty of room to expand. Working alongside such a unique amalgamation of companies from different industries, innovation and real-life social networking result. The birthing grounds for some of the nation’s up-and-coming businesses, ROC has six office locations offering their entrepreneurial insight throughout Los Angeles.