Norwalk, CT (PRWEB) April 18, 2013
Steven Winter Associates, Inc. (http://www.swinter.com) recently organized a set of sustainable housing seminars entitled, Financing and Incentive Programs for Multifamily Housing in Connecticut. The events took place on March 19, 2013 at Northeast Utilities in Berlin, Connecticut and on March 21, 2013 at The SmartLiving Center in Orange, Connecticut.
For the event, Steven Winter Associates collaborated with the Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD); the Connecticut Housing Finance Authority (CHFA); and Energize Connecticut, an initiative of the Energy Efficiency Fund, the Clean Energy Finance and Investment Authority (CEFIA), the State of Connecticut, and local electric and gas utilities. Experts from the partnering organizations discussed current programs available for energy reduction and conservation efforts within the affordable multifamily housing sector. Speakers included:
- Gayathri Vijayakumar, Vice President, Senior Building Systems Engineer, SWA
- Bert Hunter, Chief Investment Officer, Clean Energy Finance and Investment Authority
- Jessica Bailey, Director of Commercial & Industrial PACE, Clean Energy Finance and Investment Authority
- Tom Chase, Presidential Management Fellow, U.S. Department of Housing & Urban Development
- Charles Emerson, Architectural Design & Construction Reviewer, Connecticut Housing Finance Authority
- Dara Kovel, Chief Housing Officer, Connecticut Housing Finance Authority
- Margaret Kelly, Senior Program Administrator of Connecticut Light and Power
- Enoch Lenge, Residential New Construction, Connecticut Light and Power
- Jane Bugbee, Program Administrator Home Energy Solutions, United Illuminating Company
- Jennifer Parsons, Program Administrator, Residential New Construction, United Illuminating Company
Highlights from the event included presentations regarding energy consumption and conservation strategies in multifamily housing, ENERGY STAR® and other green building certifications, financing and incentive programs offered by Connecticut Light and Power and United Illuminating Company through the Energy Efficiency Fund, as well as funding and financing options offered by CEFIA and CHFA. The events drew over 120 attendees from housing authorities, non-profit development organizations, and other housing entities within Connecticut.
About Steven Winter Associates, Inc.
Steven Winter Associates, Inc. provides research, consulting and advisory services to improve commercial, residential and multifamily built environments for private and public sector clients. The company specializes in energy, sustainability and accessibility consulting as well as certification, research & development and compliance services. Its engineers and architects have led the way since 1972 in the development of best practices to achieve high performance buildings. As a matter of course, the company’s staff collaborates with its clients to produce the most cost-effective and innovative solutions. For more information, visit http://www.swinter.com.