Boston, MA (PRWEB) April 17, 2013
What: Health Care Without Harm invites you to attend the Sustainable Food sessions and events at CleanMed 2013, the nation’s premier conference on sustainable health care.
Press are admitted free to all events, including meals and the awards dinner.
These sessions and events have been designed to capture recent and growing trends in sustainable food in health care and to showcase some of the innovative, healthy and delicious ways hospital food can be sourced and prepared. Sessions will also focus on policies and programs that help hospitals influence the development of a healthier food system, with less harm to the environment and a healthier product. Staff will be on hand to talk about sustainable food in the health care sector.
Following are just a few of the exciting food-related conference activities. See all the food-related events at http://www.cleanmed.org/2013/program/hfhc.php
- Tour of Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center food-related services
- Food Matters Workshop for health professionals to become advocates for healthy and sustainable food systems
- Healthy Food in Health Care Celebration and Awards Dinner
- Conference Sessions:
- From Gardens to Greenhouses: Hospitals Grow their Own
- Power in Numbers: Institutional Purchasing Partnerships building a regional Food system
- Reconnecting Medicine to Environmental and Public Health: The New Frontier of Environmental Nutrition
- Sickeningly Sweet: System-wide Sugar Sweetened Beverage Reduction Initiatives and other Strategies for Promoting Healthy Food Environments
- Going Deeper: Beyond the Red Lists & Seafood Certifications in Purchasing Seafood
WHO: CleanMed is co-sponsored by Health Care Without Harm, whose Healthy Food in Health Care (HFHC) program is the nation’s premier program focused on helping hospitals understand the link between the industrial food system and health.
Where: CleanMed 2013, Boston Marriott Copley Place, Boston, MA
When: Events begin on April 23, 2013 and continue through April 26, 2013.
Contact: Eileen Secrest, 540-376-4495, for Free Registration Code and more information.
For more information about CleanMed 2013, visit the CleanMed website, http://www.cleanmed.org.