NEW YORK (PRWEB) April 17, 2013
HNTB Corporation, one of the nation’s leading infrastructure solutions and program delivery firms, continues to expand its New York City office with the hiring of nine new employees in April, reflecting its rapid growth to serve the extensive transportation needs of the region. Since January, the firm has added 20 new hires and expects that hiring trend to continue.
With nearly a century of service in the New York area, HNTB continues to grow in size and service offerings to clients from nine tri-state office locations, currently employing 314 full time professionals. The New York City office was previously named ENR New York’s Design Firm of the Year and a “Best Companies to Work For” by Crain’s New York Business.
A multidisciplinary provider of design-build services and the partner of choice for regional contractors, HNTB’s New York City office specializes in transit and rail, complex bridges, movable bridges, bridge inspection, disaster recovery and repair, tunnel design and engineering, and toll services.
“We are proud to have these talented individuals join our New York City office and look forward to the contributions and expertise they will bring to our clients who are charged with the monumental task of keeping our region’s transportation network operating smoothly, safely and efficiently,” said Michael Sweeney, PE, metro New York area district leader.
April additions to HNTB’s New York City office include:
- Gary Matz, PE, vice president and project director – He most recently was vice president, Northeast passenger rail and transit lead at TranSystems, where he was responsible for developing and implementing strategies for market sector growth. Matz previously was vice president, rail transit at AECOM and transit rail project manager at Gannett Fleming, adding up to more than 27 years of design and construction services for complex civil, structural, architectural and rail transit projects in New York City.
- Philip Camilleri, director of program-project controls – He most recently worked for The LiRo Group as part of the team providing consultant construction management services to MTA Capital Construction.
- John Worster, senior project manager—rail
- Flore Kacou, senior project analyst
- Virginia Squitieri, senior procurement specialist
- Monique Bland, Vernice Copper Jr., and Tamica Lee, document control specialists
- Julie Schwartzapfel, office administration manager
HNTB Corporation is an employee-owned infrastructure solutions firm serving public and private owners and construction contractors. With nearly a century of service, HNTB understands the life cycle of infrastructure and addresses clients’ most complex technical, financial and operational challenges. Professionals nationwide deliver a full range of infrastructure-related services, including award-winning planning, design, program delivery and construction management. For more information, visit http://www.hntb.com.