Los Angeles (PRWEB) April 18, 2013
Leading entertainment advertising agency The Ant Farm has been named Agency of the Year at the 2013 Game Marketing Awards, the first and only U.S. program established to showcase and honor the finest creative work by marketing and creative professionals in the video game marketing community.
In addition to Agency of the Year, The Ant Farm won the following honors:
● Gold for Best Live Action Promotional Content for Angry Birds
● Gold for Best Copywriting for a Video Asset for Assassin’s Creed 3
● Gold for Best Use of Sound Design for Call of Duty: Online
● Silver for Outstanding Promotional Trailer for Assassin’s Creed 3
● Silver for Best Game Footage Trailer for Call of Duty: Black Ops 2
● Silver for Thinking Outside of the Box for Just Dance 4
● Silver for Outstanding Overall Marketing Campaign – Mobile Games for ATVI Mobile
● Silver for Best Product Announcement for Call of Duty: Black Ops 2
● Bronze for Best Live Action Promotional Content for Just Dance 4
● Bronze for Best Game Footage Trailer for Far Cry 3
● Bronze for Outstanding Overall Marketing Campaign – Family Games, for Disney’s Epic Mickey 2
● Bronze for Best Copywriting for a Video Asset for Far Cry 3
● Bronze for Best Showing at a Trade Event for Activision E3
The Ant Farm received 19 nominations altogether, which is more than any other agency honored at the GMA’s.
The GMA's are judged by a jury of world-class interactive entertainment marketing experts. Finalists and winners were honored at the Games Marketing Awards Ceremony, April 17 at Yerba Buena Center for the Arts as part of the Game Marketing Summit.
“We’re proud to be named Agency of the Year for the second straight year, and to be recognized by our peers for creating some of the most exciting and innovative ad campaigns in the gaming space,” said Rob Troy, Co-President of The Ant Farm. “These accolades are a testament both to the ingenuity of the creative team at The Ant Farm, and to the confidence which our clients have placed in us to constantly pursue new and groundbreaking ways to bring their products to market.”
Troy also participated in the Game Marketing Summit and spoke on the panel “GMS RapidFire! I Wish I Had Thought of That” about how innovative advertising campaigns can affect us even years after they have aired.
The Ant Farm is part of Omnicom Group Inc. (OMC)
About The Ant Farm
Leading entertainment advertising agency The Ant Farm is dedicated to creating unforgettable campaigns for every facet of the entertainment world, including movie and video game trailers and TV spots, print and interactive advertising, viral marketing, 2D and 3D motion graphics, music and sound design. The Ant Farm has created award-winning work for every major studio and video game publisher. For more information, please visit http://www.theantfarm.net/.
About The Game Marketing Summit
The Game Marketing Summit (GMS), formerly known as MI6, is a must-attend annual event for marketing professionals in the video game industry. GMS is a full-day conference that brings together the leading industry marketing and brand executives for discussion, deliberation, debate and celebration around the issues, opportunities and successes in the interactive entertainment industry. Launched in 2006, the Game Marketing Summit features a wide array of leading industry luminaries and an Awards Show that highlights the industry's best creative marketing.