Toledo, OH (PRWEB) April 19, 2013
The month of May has been deemed Motorcycle Awareness Month. An extra emphasis on motorcycle safety, both for motorcycle riders and the cars that share the road with them, is focused on. With Motorcycle Awareness Month being right around the corner, attorney Charles Boyk has released his tips on motorcycle safety. Mr. Boyk stated that, “as the weather warms up, motorcycles are seen more and more. It is important that both the riders, as well as the other vehicles on the road, are aware of the proper safety precautions to take.” Below are attorney Charles Boyk’s tips for Motorcycle Awareness Month:
1. Because if it’s small size, a motorcycle might look like it is farther away than it is. When checking for traffic, predict that a motorcycle is closer than it actually is.
2. Many times a motorcyclist will slow down by downshifting or rolling off of the throttle, and therefore the brake light is not activated. Because of this, a driver can allow more of a distance between their vehicle and the motorcyclist.
3. For motorcyclists, be sure to check the bike thoroughly before starting to ride. Proper maintenance can save your life.
4. Invest in high quality gear. Even if it is more expensive, picking high quality equipment that will stand up and be a good barrier between the rider and the road.
5. A motorcycle is able to maneuver much more than a motorcycle, but when riding on the road, it is best to be respectful of the other drivers and do not weave through traffic or drive on the shoulder. Make sure that drivers can see you and do not ride in blind spots.