“The best originators in 2013 are a very experienced group of professionals that are in high demand by lenders, but who demand outstanding operations, technology and leadership from their employers,” commented Drew Waterhouse, Managing Director of Hammerh.
Mission Viejo, CA (PRWEB) April 23, 2013
Hammerhouse LLC, (Hammerhouse) an established and expanding national recruiting and strategic growth firm for the financial services industry, with mortgage sales and leadership placement at its core, released the results from its 3rd Annual Survey of Originator Opinions. The annual survey asked originators for their opinions on critical issues facing the mortgage industry and impacting their performance of their jobs. Of the significant sample of more than 350 active mortgage loan originators that responded, about 81 percent have been originating mortgage loans for more than 10 years.
To view the full survey results please visit Hammerhouse 2013 Survey Results
Key Responses to Survey Questions
- Regulatory oversight remains the top issue facing the industry.
- Mid-sized, non-depository lenders are superior alternatives to large depositories or brokers.
- Lender’s operational capability is clearly their most important attribute.
- Leaders of lending organizations are judged by their integrity and the clarity of their vision.
- Recruitment of top originating talent has intensified.
- Loan volume will rise, as will their personal production.
- Marketing must be diversified and involve referral relationships with professional partners.
“The best originators in 2013 are a very experienced group of professionals that are in high demand by lenders, but who demand outstanding operations, technology and leadership from their employers,” commented Drew Waterhouse, Managing Director of Hammerhouse.
The Survey questions cover important factors from each of the six core business areas identified by Hammerhouse as integral to the relationship between originators and lenders: Leadership, Culture, Business, Operations, Technology and Geography.
“The sheer size of the mortgage originator responders with more than 10 years of experience suggests a need for lenders to seek younger origination talent by developing talent in-house or through recruitment from outside,” said Mr. Waterhouse.
Hammerhouse previously released its forecast for hiring trends for 2013 in the mortgage industry, which included:
- Shift away from refinancing towards a purchase-orientation will be encouraged by an interest rate environment that will deteriorate by year’s end
- Top producers with recurring, purchase-oriented business will continue to be highly sought after
- Highly-valued, top-producers will be in position to expect to be rewarded with additional benefits; monetary and non-monetary alike
- Consolidation among lenders will accelerate
- The “Youth Movement” to develop and recruit younger originators will take hold in the industry.
“The results of the 2013 Survey of Originator Opinions are supportive of these forecasts. In our 2013 survey we hear a very clear statement from originators that they are professionals who expect to work with effective lenders and with other professionals in service of the housing and financial needs of consumers," added Mr. Waterhouse.
About Hammerhouse LLC
Hammerhouse LLC is an expanding national recruiting and strategic growth firm for the financial services industry with mortgage sales and leadership placement at its core. Founded in 2008, Hammerhouse partners with clients to source, attract, model match, hire and retain revenue-generating human capital at all levels of an organization---- from production to executive leadership. Through its unique model matching process, Hammerhouse helps mortgage bankers and depositories as well as private equity firms entering and expanding in the market, expand top line revenue by adding experienced mortgage professionals that focus on purchase business and have developed transferable relationships from referral partners and past customers. For more information on Hammerhouse LLC, please visit http://www.teamhammerhouse.com.
Media Contact: Cara Hopkins Director, Client Relations - Telephone: 949.655.0385 x129 or email: cara.hopkins(at)teamhammerhouse(dot)com