Increased condensation around windows, pilot lights that frequently blow out as well as dark staining on or around appliances are also warning signs.
(PRWEB UK) 24 April 2013
It has been reported in the Blackpool Gazette that Patrick Sean Taylor is believed to have died following a chip pan fire at his property on Miller Street. Neighbours voiced their concerns after the 42 year old had not been seen around the street for several days. Police officers forced their way into the house on Miller Street after receiving no response, and upon entering discovered him on the floor behind the kitchen door. The fire had not been reported and it is thought it had burned itself out. The post mortem revealed the most likely causes of death to be smoke inhalation or carbon monoxide poisoning.
Well known for their Nottingham emergency plumbers, Plumber 24 Hours operates throughout the country, also specialising in gas safety. The company places a significant emphasis on the safety of gas boilers and other appliances within the home and are more than aware of the dangers of carbon monoxide. A representative from the firm shares their thoughts on the matter.
“This story really highlights the dangers of carbon monoxide. Even after a fire has burned out, carbon monoxide may still be present. It can kill almost instantly as well as causing long term health problems such as brain damage. Because it is odourless and tasteless it becomes more of a threat but there are ways to spot if you might be in danger. Increased condensation around windows, pilot lights that frequently blow out as well as dark staining on or around appliances are also warning signs.
“It is also important to make sure all gas appliances such as ovens and boilers are checked annually by a Gas Safe registered engineer.”
Plumber 24 Hours is the nation’s leading emergency plumber company. Run by Martin Smith, the firm offers plumbers, gas engineers, oil engineers, drainage engineers and emergency electricians and works to provide a 24-hour domestic and commercial plumbing service 365 days of the year. With customer service the principle concern, Plumber 24 Hours has been noted by magazines as the most reliable plumbing emergency company. The company also makes use of the latest technology on the internet to make sure everything runs smoothly.