Once again, TNJ has the privilege of recognizing emerging African-American leaders...says Aziz Gueye Adetimirin, TNJ’s founder, publisher and CEO
New York, New York (PRWEB) April 29, 2013
Shannon Lanier, Author and National TV Correspondent, and Shartia Brantley, Producer of “Street Signs,” and financial News Contributor, TheGrio.com, to Host Awards Event.
The Network Journal (TNJ, http://www.tnj.com), the New York tri-state area’s premier monthly magazine for Black professionals, corporate executives and small business owners, announces the winners of its 2013 "40 Under Forty" Achievement Awards. The annual award recognizes outstanding young African-Americans who are “Reaching for Higher Goals” in their careers while remaining dedicated to their community’s development.
As in the past, this year's class hails from diverse industries, including law, technology, the arts, finance, and healthcare. TNJ will honor them on Thursday, June 13, 2013, at its 16th Annual Awards Dinner, hosted by Shannon Lanier, author, National TV Correspondent, senior producer at Black Enterprise-TV and co-host of Arise TV’s "Arise Entertainment 360," and Shartia Brantley, producer with “Street Signs,” the CNBC/NBC Universal hit show, and financial news contributor to TheGrio.com. The dinner will be held at the Crowne Plaza Hotel in Times Square, New York City, from 6:30 p.m. to 10:00 p.m., and is sponsored by WBLS.
“Once again, TNJ has the privilege of recognizing emerging African-American leaders who were selected in a rigorous process. We are proud of being able to facilitate the furtherance of their careers by bringing these accomplished young men and women to the attention of our vast network of corporate affiliations through programs such as the 40 Under Forty Achievement Awards,” says Aziz Gueye Adetimirin, TNJ’s founder, publisher and CEO. “
The names below join those of such notable honorees as Soledad O’Brien of CNN/US; Randall Pinkett of BCT Partners; and the 2013 dinner hosts, Shannon Lanier and Shartia Brantley:
- Pamela Abalu, AIA, IIDA, LEED BD+C, Architect and Global Head of Design and Construction, MetLife, Inc.
- Brian D. Agnew, Assistant Dean, Advancement and External Relations, Rutgers, The State University of New Jersey
- Ylorie C. Anderson, Vice President, Marketing, First Choice Sales and Marketing Group
- Duane S. Baldwin, Senior Manager, Energy Solutions, Lockheed Martin Corporation
- Suzette C. Bather, Director, NY-Manhattan Minority Business Center
- Heather M. Butts, JD, MPH, MA, Instructor, St. John's University School of Law
- Kevin Chadwick, Managing Director, Northwestern Mutual
- Ellen-Blair Chube, Vice President, Chief of Staff to the Chairman & CEO, Ariel Investments
- S. Jeanine Conley, Partner, Baker Hostetler
- Tawan Davis, Vice President, NYC Economic Development Corporation
- Kenneth W. Edwards, Vice President of Federal Affairs, Center for Responsible Lending
- Nicole George-Middleton, Vice President, Rhythm & Soul/Urban Membership, ASCAP
- Saidah Grayson, Director, Legal Employment Services, Cisco Systems, Inc.
- Wade A. Hinton, Esq., Deputy General Counsel, Volkswagen Group of America Chattanooga Operations, LLC
- Lesley C. Horton, Esq., Assistant General Counsel, L & M Development Partners Inc.
- Robert Jefferson, Director, Finance, Brick by Brick Partners
- Jessica A. Johnson, President, Johnson Security Bureau, Inc.
- Robert Johnson, Esq., Corporate Associate, Gibbons P. C.
- Anthony Key, Vice President, Director of Integrated Media, Uniworld Group, Inc.
- Kimberly Lyons, Assistant Vice President/Analyst, Moody's Investors Service
- Hosanna Marshall, Senior Art Producer, Saatchi & Saatchi
- Johnita Mizelle, Director, Lyxor Asset Management
- Ambre Brown Morley, Director, Product Communications, Novo Nordisk Inc.
- Mansa Nicome, ChFC, Agency Owner, State Farm
- Inosi M. Nyatta, Partner, Sullivan & Cromwell LLP
- Adrienne A. Phillips, MD, MPH, Assistant Professor of Clinical Medicine, Columbia University, College of Physicians and Surgeons/New York Presbyterian Hospital
- Nkrumah Pierre, Senior Manager of Business Development, Russell Tobin & Associates
- Kenyatte A. Reid, Principal, Eagle Academy of Southeast Queens
- LaToya D. Rembert-Lang, Esq., General Counsel, Marketing Research Association
- Tuwisha D. Rogers, Vice President of Client Services, Egami Consulting Group
- Wendy N. Ross, Senior Manager, Marketing Global Payment Options, American Express
- Tiffany Sanders, MD, Medical Director, Malta House of Care, Inc.
- Luc El-Art Severe, JD, Labor Relations Officer, New York City Health and Hospitals Corporation
- Gregory O. Smiley, Regional Representative, NYS Executive Chamber, Gov. Andrew Cuomo
- Davon Snipes, Managing Consultant, IBM
- Donaldine B. Temple, Esq., Director, Senior Associate Counsel, The Depository Trust & Clearing Corporation
- Rahshib A. Thomas, PHR, Principal, RT Consulting
- Koren L. Vaughan, Director of Interactive Sales and Marketing, YMF Media, LLC
- Erin Wilson, Director, Multicultural Merchandising and Vendor Development, Macy's Inc.
- Chrishan E. Wright, Marketing Manager, Solix, Inc.
Founded in 1993, The Network Journal (TNJ) is the premier monthly magazine for Black professionals, corporate executives and small business owners. Engaging more than 98,000 readers, TNJ is dedicated to connecting, empowering and inspiring this market segment by providing news and commentaries on issues that affect the growth of businesses and the advancement of professionals in the workplace. Along with featuring successful entrepreneurs and professionals who offer insights on business and career-building strategies, TNJ highlights trends in key industries, providing information on valuable resources in the corporate, government, and not-for-profit sectors. For more information on TNJ’s “40 Under-Forty” Achievement Awards and about The Network Journal, visit http://www.tnj.com, or contact Sabrina D. Eady at 212-962-3791 x206 or at Sabrina@tnj.com.