Subscribe to LEI’s weekly newsletter to get articles, case studies, book excerpts, training announcements, and other lean management resources.
Cambridge, MA (PRWEB) April 25, 2013
The nonprofit Lean Enterprise Institute today said it had opened registration for a second session of the popular workshop “Gemba Walks – a Management Process for Leading the Organization” after the first session sold out. The new session will run May 16-17 in Chicago.
Both Gemba Walks workshops will take place on-site at companies near the workshop venue at the Hyatt Regency Schaumburg-Chicago, 1800 East Golf Road, Schaumburg, Illinois. “Gemba” is a Japanese word meaning the place where value-creating work is done.
They are among 20 lean management workshops set for Chicago May 14-17, 2013, that address three key challenges in building a complete lean enterprise:
- Applying lean concepts in core processes,
- Developing people as problem solvers,
- Creating management systems to support lean value streams.
Complete details about course content, instructors, discounts, and how to register, are available by calling 617-871-2900, emailing the registrar at registrar(at)lean(dot)org or by visiting the Lean Education page for Chicago.
The schedule is:
- Gemba Walks – A Management Process for Leading the Organization (on-site)
- Daily Kaizen: The Foundation for the Culture of Continuous Improvement (on-site)
- Improving Operations in High-Mix, Low-Volume Organizations (on-site)
- Improvement Kata/Coaching Kata
- Key Concepts of Lean
- Management Standard Work
- Value Stream Mapping for the Office and Service
- Getting the Right Things Done (strategy deployment)
- Introduction to Lean Leadership
- Optimizing Flow in Office and Service Processes
- Leading in a Continuous Improvement Culture
- Making Materials Flow
- Managing Value Stream Improvement
- Problem Solving to Align Purpose, Process, and People
- Managing Kaizen Events (gemba-based)
- Integrating Visual Management Tools & Leader Standard Work (on-site)
- Change Agent Skills for Lean Implementation Leaders
- Gemba Walks – a Management process for leading the organization (on-site)
- Lean Fundamentals for Sales Organizations
- Lean IT
Lean Community Resources
Subscribe to LEI’s weekly newsletter to get articles, case studies, book excerpts, training announcements, and other lean management resources. Go to http://www.lean.org/WhoWeAre/why_join.cfm
Lean Enterprise Institute
Lean Enterprise Institute, Inc. was founded in 1997 by management expert James P. Womack, PhD, as a nonprofit research, education, publishing, and conference company with a mission to advance lean thinking around the world. We conduct research projects and support other lean initiatives such as the Lean Education Academic Network, the Lean Global Network and the Healthcare Value Leaders Network.