Austin,TX (PRWEB) April 30, 2013
VDIworks, a leading provider of software for virtualization and cloud computing, announced today that Founder and CEO, Amir Husain, is stepping down effective April 30th. Mr. Husain will retain his seat on the Board to ensure a smooth transition and provide continued guidance. The Board of Directors has appointed Mark Taylor the new President and Chief Executive Officer with immediate effect.
Mr. Husain has played a leadership role at VDIworks since its inception. During his tenure, he:
- Successfully grew international partnerships with resellers, OEMs and distributors.
- Led the company to achieve 20% software revenue growth in 2011 and 40% in VDIworks is poised to grow revenue between 30-40% in 2013.
- Closed large OEM and IP transactions resulting in several million dollars of revenue.
- Significantly developed the patent portfolio. Mr. Husain contributed as primary inventor on close to 20 filed and awarded patents.
- Positioned the company to win prestigious awards including CRN’s Virtualization 50 for 2013, the Tech Innovator 2012 award, Network World’s Hottest Products at Interop 2012, InfoWorld 100, CRN’s Emerging Vendors, UBM’s Virtualization 100 in 2011 and 2012 and many others.
- Led the company’s entry into the mobile market and helped grow the mobile user base to hundreds of thousands of users.
“Amir has made immense contributions to VDIworks on all fronts. He played a tremendous role in growing the company profitably while enhancing partnerships and maturing the product set. I believe Amir’s leadership has resulted in the company being well poised for growth and continued success in the future.” said Michael Moniz, Chairman of the Board.
Mr. Husain stated, “VDIworks has a stellar, highly innovative team, great technology and a bright future. Having had the privilege of leading the company for five years, I feel it is now the right time for me to pass the baton and let Mark take VDIworks to even greater heights.”
Mr. Taylor brings 25 years of sales, marketing and executive leadership experience to the company. He has a proven track record in growing international and commercial sales and is a veteran of the enterprise computing and Desktop Virtualization space. He has previously held leadership positions at Calence Inc, Avnet and MicroAge Computer.
About VDIworks (http://www.vdiworks.com)
VDIworks makes easy-to-use software that enables IT managers to centrally create, deploy and manage virtual desktop infrastructure. The company's technology is based on a large number of patents and is built on six generations of proven success with enterprise environments. VDIworks offers ultimate flexibility and preserves customer choice by giving customers the ability to deploy the right solution for the right user type, utilize any back-end hardware, end-point user access device or virtualization technology for desktop virtualization. The VDIworks Virtual Desktop Platform streamlines and simplifies virtual desktop deployments, enabling IT organizations to gain improved management and control, ensuring data and asset security, delivering a superior end-user experience, and ensuring the business continuity and cost reductions promised by desktop virtualization to companies around the world. For more information on VDIworks, visit http://www.vdiworks.com. Follow us on twitter http://twitter.com/vdiworks