The LaunchPad competition gives startups a chance to grow their businesses on the spot. Finalists will have the immediate attention of investors and innovators who can help them grow.
San Francisco, CA (PRWEB) April 25, 2013
GigaOM, a global technology media company, today announced the finalists of the Structure 2013 LaunchPad, a high-profile competition that recognizes the most-promising startups in cloud computing, internet infrastructure and data. The six finalists below were chosen from more than 50 submissions for their groundbreaking technologies and business models driving the future of the cloud industry.
- 28msec aims to make it easier to write complex queries against any MongoDB database.
- Appscale Systems’ open-source implementation of the Google App Engine runs on a developer's laptop, Amazon Web Services or the Google Compute Engine.
- Factor.io offers a service that lets developers knit together their tools into a coherent, flexible workflow using an "if-this-then-that" interface.
- Metrica cuts the time it takes to create analytics dashboards by enabling SQL queries against its MongoDB data.
- SaltStack is fast and scalable software for new enterprise data center systems automation and configuration management.
- Synapsify is a text analytics and search company that is solving the problem of content overload by measuring the value of written content.
Startups less than 24 months old were eligible to apply for LaunchPad. The finalists will present their business plans on stage at Structure 2013, GigaOM’s flagship event for cloud computing. Nearly 800 investors, journalists and technology executives will rate the presentations and select a winner.
“The LaunchPad competition gives startups a chance to grow their businesses on the spot,” said Barb Darrow, senior writer for GigaOM and co-chair of Structure. “Finalists will have the immediate attention of investors and innovators who can help them grow.”
Structure takes place June 19-20 in San Francisco. Discounted supersaver tickets are available through May 24. Follow @GigaOM on Twitter (#structureconf) to stay up to date as new speakers and sessions are announced.
Some of the most influential companies in cloud computing have already lined up to sponsor Structure, and sponsorships are expected to sell out early. Contact Mike Sly at eventsales(at)gigaom(dot)com or (415) 235-0358 to learn more about sponsorship and exhibition opportunities.
Founded in 2006, GigaOM is the leading global source of analysis on emerging technologies. Our news, research and events provide deep insight on the companies, people and trends disrupting technology and media.
About GigaOM Events
GigaOM events bring the people and companies driving disruptive technologies to the stage. Through a combination of strong editorial content and face time with technology innovators, GigaOM events give attendees the tools they need to capitalize on emerging trends.