London (PRWEB UK) 29 April 2013
Aspect Enterprise Solutions, a provider of multi-commodity trading and risk management ETRM/CTRM Software-as-a-Service (SaaS) applications in the Cloud, announced today that it has been named as a “Major Player” by IDC Energy Insights in its report “IDC MarketScape: Worldwide Energy Trading and Risk Management 2013 Vendor Assessment.” IDC is a premier technology research and advisory firm.
The extensive assessment evaluates ETRM platform providers through surveys and interviews with market leaders, end users, and participants. It’s intended to help buyers of energy trading and risk management software applications in their selection of ETRM applications.
Here are some experts from the report’s findings:
- SaaS offerings have met with success in smaller companies that do not have the resources to deploy and support software applications in-house and Aspect is no exception. Aspect’s customers are not limited to small companies, as it also delivers solutions to large global trading houses.
- The European-based company has extended its reach with customers in the Middle East and Africa, Asia Pacific and Eastern Europe.
- Over the last two years, Aspect upped its presence in North America.
- Aspect also has a business in delivery of market data that is offered on the same platform as its ETRM application.
- Aspect continues to build out features and functionality related to logistics.
- Aspects strengths are in the small to mid-tier market which they serve well with AspectCTRM. Customers report that they are happy with quick deployments and an intuitive user interface. Most of all they are happy with the price and total cost of ownership.
- Aspect scored high in several categories, including cost management, delivery model, scalability and customer satisfaction.
“We are pleased to be singled out once again as one of only nine vendors globally that have met IDC’s strict criteria for current capabilities and future strategy for an energy trading and risk system. We’re among a select few companies who are recognized as a choice for today’s trading companies. And we’re especially proud that our customers agree, and rated us so high in customer satisfaction,” said Steve Hughes, Aspect President and CEO.
About IDC MarketScape
IDC MarketScape vendor analysis model is designed to provide an overview of the competitive fitness of ICT (information and communications technology) suppliers in a given market. The research methodology utilizes a rigorous scoring methodology based on both qualitative and quantitative criteria that results in a single graphical illustration of each vendor’s position within a given market. IDC MarketScape provides a clear framework in which the product and service offerings, capabilities and strategies, and current and future market success factors of IT and telecommunications vendors can be meaningfully compared. The framework also provides technology buyers with a 360-degree assessment of the strengths and weaknesses of current and prospective vendors.
About Aspect Enterprise Solutions
Aspect Enterprise Solution is the leading global provider of web-based, multi-commodity trading, risk management and data management applications with more than 500 customers and thousands of users in 90 countries. It’s the only integrated, all-in-one platform delivered Software-as-a-Service (SaaS) in the Cloud, which enables rapid deployment, controlled costs and immediate ROI. Aspect applications include AspectCTRM®, a full-featured commodity trading and risk management enterprise suite for front, middle and back office. It’s available in 3 Editions: Lite, Standard and Enterprise, seamlessly expanding in functionality according to the needs and budget of clients. AspectDSC is its decision support center for traders offering oil, metals and agricultural market news, prices, futures and analytical tools on desktops and mobile devices including Apple® iPhone® and iPad®, and BlackBerry. AspectPM is its Price Manager solution which provides consolidation and support for the global oil price forecasting process and forward curve management.