We have created a user-friendly app for anyone who scores any level of baseball or softball games from Little League to Major League Baseball.
Boston, MA (PRWEB) April 25, 2013
Baseball and softball coaches, fans, players and parents will truly enjoy all of the features of Home Field ScorebooK, the newest app recently launched by whitney|ross software. This easy-to-use app allows fans to score games right on their iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch by working like a pen-and-paper scorecard with the look and feel of a built-in app.
“We have created a user-friendly app for anyone who scores any level of baseball or softball games from Little League to Major League Baseball,” said Kevin Andresen, creator and owner of whitney|ross software. “Home Field ScorebooK can be used online or offline, with no complex tutorials, online accounts, or hidden fees and will provide frequent new feature updates.”
Home Field ScorebooK offers the following features:
- Intuitive look-and-feel resembles a classic paper scorebook and provides users an easy way to enter players and teams. It works just like the built-in contacts app or the phone address book and like Apple’s apps, the screens use standard fonts and high-contrast graphics which are easy to read in bright sunlight.
- The Home Field Advantage™ feature lets the user begin scoring the game as soon as they arrive. This feature uses iOS Location Services to identify the current location, look it up in its database of ballparks that have been entered previously, and use it to set the team, ballpark and game rules.
- The Player To Be Named Later™ feature alleviates the need to have access to the opponent's lineup card. Users can start scoring with anonymous teams and players, then assign named and/or numbered players to the lineup and fielding positions as they learn them in real time.
- The Around The Horn Wizard minimizes the number of taps needed to score a play, and assists users who are new to scorekeeping. For outs involving runners, Home Field ScorebooK will automatically select the runner to be put out when possible.
- Save and Share Statistics and Summaries provides the ability for box scores and game logs to be created and emailed, with statistics, scorecards and printed output coming later this season.
- Frequent Feature Updates such as “Segura Mode,” which will be added to the next version of Home Field ScorebooK to correctly score such unprecedented base running events as in the April 19th Brewers-Cubs game. The feature will complement the existing ‘“Rizzuto Mode” that lets scorers enter ‘WW’ for “Wasn’t Watching” a play.
Home Field ScorebooK is available for download in the App Store. For more information, visit http://www.homefieldscorebook.com. Follow us on Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/homefieldscorebook and Twitter: @homefieldscore.
# # #