We are proud to have these great caliber speakers at BioConference Live
Yorba Linda, CA (PRWEB) April 30, 2013
BioConference Live is a premier producer of online conferences aimed at covering a variety of science verticals, including Clinical Diagnostics, Genetics & Genomics, Cancer Research & Discovery, and Laboratory Animal Science. Each annual conference is entirely online for easy attendance and free for participants.
BioConference Live presents Alan Wright, CMO of Roche Diagnostics, as a keynote speaker in the upcoming BioConference Live Clinical Diagnostics May 29-31, 2013. This will be the first year for Dr. Wright to join the excellent presentations at BioConference Live. Dr. Wright will be discussing the revaluation of diagnostics. Pharmaceutical research and development is a well-researched area with studies attributing one billion dollars in development costs and timelines of 17 years. Unfortunately for diagnostic assays, similar studies are not as plentiful. Dr. Wright will present the data to date on the development timelines and cost to develop an ivd-approved diagnostic. He will also explore the ramifications of co-development of pharmaceuticals and diagnostics on the present diagnostic R&D infrastructure, as well as the market ramification of development cost and timelines on development of "small market" diagnostics.
BioConference Live Clinical Diagnostics will also feature presentations from:
- Dietmar Hein, PhD, Head, Director, Global eCommerce & CPR, Siemens Healthcare Diagnostics, Board Member, Global Healthcare Exchange
- Alan H Wu, PhD, Chief of the clinical chemistry and toxicology laboratories, Professor of Clinical Chemistry, UCSF School of Medicine
- Bryce Smith, PhD, Lead Health Scientist, Division of Viral Hepatitis, Centers for Disease Control and Prevention
- Michael Christman, PhD, President and Chief Executive Officer, Coriell Institute for Medical Research
- Gyorgy Abel, MD, PhD, Medical Director, Clinical Chemistry and Molecular Diagnostics/Clinical Immunology, Department of Laboratory Medicine, Lahey Clinic, Clinical Instructor in Pathology at Harvard Medical School
- Nir Barzilai, MD, Director, Institute for Aging Research, Ingeborg and Ira Leon Rennert Chair in Aging Research, Professor, Department of Medicine (Endocrinology), Professor, Department of Genetics, Albert Einstein College of Medicine
- Michael J Mann, MD, Associate Professor of Surgery, Division of Adult Cardiothoracic Surgery, Chief of General Thoracic Surgery, University of California, San Francisco, VA Medical Center
- Glen Hansen, PhD, Director of Clinical Microbiology and Molecular Diagnostics, Hennepin County Medical Center
- Adil Daud, MD, Director, Melanoma Clinical Research, UCSF Helen Diller Family Comprehensive Cancer Center, University of California San Francisco School of Medicine
- Martin Fleisher, PhD, FACB, Chief, Clinical Chemistry Service, Director, Biomarker Laboratory, Department of Laboratory Medicine, Memorial Sloan-Kettering Cancer Center
- And several others. A complete list of speakers is available at http://www.bioconferencelive.com/speakers
“We are proud to have these great caliber speakers at BioConference Live,” says Greg Cruikshank, CEO BioConference Live. “They add such value and a great learning experience for attendees.”
BioConference Live Clinical Diagnostics provides invaluable educational and networking opportunities for participants. Attendees can receive free continuing education and continuing medical education credits for all conferences. Clinicians, doctors, medical experts, lab directors and professionals from around the world will come together to learn about recent advances in clinical diagnostics and medicine. Topics for the conference are Personalized Healthcare, Pathology, Oncology, Infectious Disease, Laboratory Testing, Cardiology, Diabetes, Point of Care, Molecular Diagnostics, Hematology, Automation, Nutrition, Vitamin D, Allergy, Clinical Research, Mass Spectrometry, and much more.
To register for a BioConference Live conference visit: http://www.bioconferencelive.com
Founded in 2009, BioConference Live’s vision was to connect the scientific world leveraging a unique virtual platform, discovering meaningful collaborations across geographic boundaries and fields of expertise. BioConference Live has grown into the world's largest producer of virtual events within the Life Sciences and Clinical Diagnostics community. LabRoots is the owner and producer of BioConference Live, and is the leading professional networking website designed to connect all science verticals.
LabRoots, Inc. Producer of BioConference Live
18340 Yorba Linda Blvd.
Suite 107 PMB 427
Yorba Linda, CA 92886