Funamo 2.0 was developed based on all the great feedback we got from our customers. It offers unprecedented level of protection and control for mobile devices.
Cupertino, CA (PRWEB) April 29, 2013
Funamo today is proud to announce the release of a major update, Funamo 2.0, for its best selling mobile parental control and accountability software. Funamo 2.0 offers a slew of new features with improved security, setting new standard for mobile parental control applications. It supports all Android-powered smartphones and tablets including Amazon Kindle Fire and B&N Nook HD.
"We always strive to provide our customers with the best product and features. Funamo 2.0 was developed based on all the great feedback we got from our customers,” said Howard Li, Funamo’s founder and CEO. “It offers unprecedented level of protection and control for mobile devices. It is another major step in our mission to make mobile devices safe for our kids.”
Funamo Parental Control for Android offers highly robust web filtering technology optimized for the mobile environment. It supports SafeSearch for all major search engines and allows further customization with blacklist and whitelist. Funamo Parental Control also provides device monitoring and application control capabilities. Parents can choose to monitor phone calls, SMS messages, web history, application usage and device locations of their kids’ phones or tablets. They can also protect or restrict selected applications to specific time slots. Funamo is cloud-based, meaning that all the control settings and device history data can be accessed from any web browser at any time.
Here are the new features released in Funamo 2.0:
- Keyword/phrase filtering. Block web pages containing any of the keywords/phrases specified by the user
- Improved support for Google Safesearch
- Expanded website database for better coverage
- Application time allowance. Set daily limit for selected applications
- Allow different time allowance for weekdays and weekends.
- Application quarantine feature automatically puts any newly downloaded apps in the protected app list.
- Improved security and anti-tampering features.
- Real-time location update on the web
- Significant battery saving for location tracking.
- Application usage history now captures the amount of time each application used.
Funamo Parental Control can be downloaded from Google Play Store, Funamo website and Nook Shop for the different platforms. After the two-day free evaluation, a license can be purchased for $19.99 which protects the device for as long as the user owns it. No subscription, no monthly fees. Now for as little as the price of a book, parents can have peace of mind with their kids' mobile devices.
# # #
Funamo provides comprehensive parental control and accountability software for mobile devices with patent-pending web filtering, safe search, application protection/restriction and device monitoring. More information, including detailed video tutorial and FAQs, is available on Funamo website.