Grand Rapids, Michigan (PRWEB) April 30, 2013
X-Rite, Incorporated with its wholly owned subsidiary Pantone is launching its Ci4100 countertop spectrophotometer to give retail paint and hardware stores a way to provide superior customer service in color matching, while reducing instances of mistints and improving in-store efficiencies.
X-Rite, the world's largest designer and manufacturer of color management and communication systems, designed the Ci4100 to address the needs of paint retailers for an easy-to-use, compact countertop unit that can accurately measure colors in a wide range of gloss finishes. The Ci4100's small footprint and relatively light weight makes it easy to orient in either the horizontal or vertical position to take color measurements of large or bulky items. The instrument uses a powerful 31-point color engine and Spectalon sphere to precisely define even hard-to-match colors such as dark reds, browns and greens so paint can be mixed right the first time, with few instances of mis-tints.
The Ci4100 has a number of features that give retailers a significant competitive advantage by providing exceptional customer service in color matching, while at the same time reducing time that it takes to train personnel on proper use and calibration of the instrument. The instrument connects seamlessly with the industry's leading software program for paint color matching and formulation -- X-Rite's ColorDesigner® PLUS software that drives all major types of dispensers.
The Ci4100 features:
- Accurate color measurement. The Ci4100 uses a 31-point color engine and precisely machined Spectralon sphere to measure colors in the 400 to 700 nm range.
- Built-in calibration tile. No more searching for the standard tile when the instrument is to be calibrated.
- Small footprint that conserves countertop space. The instrument measures 8.7 inches high, by 7.5 inches wide and 10.4 inches long.
- Window that provides clear view of where measurements are taken with 4 mm area, the smallest target available for this class of instruments so colors of samples can be defined with tight accuracy.
- Gloss value enables sales associates to precisely measure colors of samples ranging from satin to high gloss finish.
- Easy connection with personal computers through USB port.
- Seamless connection with ColorDesigner PLUS software.
- Consistency with historical data with other X-Rite sphere handheld instruments.
For more information on Ci4100, please refer to the http://www.xrite.com website.
X-Rite, Incorporated with its wholly owned subsidiary Pantone LLC is the global leader in color science and technology. The company develops, manufactures, markets and supports innovative color solutions through measurement systems, software, color standards and services. X-Rite’s expertise in inspiring, selecting, measuring, formulating, communicating and matching color helps users get color right the first time and every time, which translates to better quality and reduced costs. X-Rite serves a range of industries, including printing, packaging, photography, graphic design, video, automotive, paints, plastics, textiles, dental and medical. For further information, please visit http://www.xrite.com.
Pantone LLC, a wholly owned subsidiary of X-Rite, Incorporated, has been the world’s color authority for nearly 50 years, providing design professionals with products and services for the colorful exploration and expression of creativity. Always a source for color inspiration, Pantone also offers paint and designer-inspired products and services for consumers. More information is available at http://www.pantone.com.
©2013 X-Rite, Inc. All rights reserved. X-Rite is a registered trademark of X-Rite, Inc. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners. PANTONE® and other Pantone trademarks are the property of Pantone LLC. © 2013. All rights reserved.
- # # # -