"Customers want to do a kitchen remodel because it's where family and friends gather to celebrate..."
Sacramento, California (PRWEB) May 18, 2013
"When a customer wants to remodel their kitchen, increasing the value of their home is not usually the primary reason," says CFO of Uniquity Builders, Inc., Sandy Reed. "The kitchen is the heart of the home. Customers want to do a kitchen remodel because it's where family and friends gather to celebrate everything from birthdays to holidays and all those special times in between."
While it's true that having a kitchen remodeled can be messy and inconvenient, these 5 tips will ensure a minimum amount of stress and inconvenience.
1. To avoid potential problems with insurance, trustworthiness, and quality, it's important to check out all contractors that are interviewed with the Contractors State License Board. Only choose licensed, insured, experienced contractors with plenty of references. This company's employees will be working on the kitchen remodel for several weeks. It's important that personalities are compatible and that they can be trusted with personal belongings.
2. Don't rush when deciding on the kitchen layout and design, appliances, and all the finishes. It's helpful to work with a kitchen designer or an experienced design/build contractor that can explain the pros and cons of one kitchen design versus another. Remodeling magazines can provide ideas, but these ideas need to be discussed with the contractor, who will determine their viability in the overall design. This is a critical part of the remodeling process. It's extremely costly and time consuming to go back afterwards and change a layout, counter top, sink, etc.
As President, Bill Reed, says, "Once the cabinets and counter top have been installed, you definitely don't want to decide you're not happy with the amount of counter space you have."
3. Create a kitchen that is easy to use when cooking. The typical work triangle works best in most cases. The cooking surface, sink, and refrigerator need to be close to save steps, time, and frustration. The new kitchen should be super functional - easy to use, and simple to clean up.
4. Don't skimp on counter space. Cooking can become frustrating when every flat surface in the kitchen needs to be used to prepare a meal, because there isn't enough counter space.
5. Make sure there is sufficient storage. "Many of our customers want to remove upper cabinets and open up their kitchen to the adjacent living areas, so they can enjoy being closer to their family and friends while cooking," says Sandy Reed. "Our customers want to enjoy their time cooking, and not miss out on a thing while they're doing it!"
This can create a problem with storage in the kitchen. Make sure there is enough wall space for the cabinet storage needed for dishes, glasses, etc., or that there is another alternative for storage, like a pantry or utility room with extra shelves.
Uniquity Builders remodeled a kitchen in the home of Rich and Sue Woolley in Arnold, California. "We are very pleased with the addition and kitchen remodel and would like to extend our thanks for the great job you did here. We feel very fortunate to have found a contractor and dedicated crew to complete our job in a professional and competent manner," says the Woolley's.
Photos of Uniquity Builders' kitchen remodels, and a complete portfolio of the home improvement services they offer, can be viewed on their website at http://www.uniquitybuilders.com. You can also download their free report "How to Avoid Remodeling Nightmares and Hire the Best Contractor for Your Project" on their website.
About Uniquity Builders, Inc.
Uniquity Builders is a family owned and operated construction company, and an A+ rated, accredited member of the Better Business Bureau. They are fully licensed and insured, and offer a 12 month guarantee on all their services. They have been providing quality kitchen and home remodeling in Calaveras, San Joaquin, and South Sacramento counties since 1985. For a limited time, they are offering top quality, eco-friendly Mid Continent Cabinetry to their customers at substantial discounts. Visit their website at http://www.uniquitybuilders.com for more details.