"If you don’t have an unlimited data plan, this iPhone app could be worth its weight in gold by saving you money" - iPhone App Review
Padova, ITALY (PRWEB) May 11, 2013
eXeltior today is pleased to announce Data Counter 2.0 for iOS, their Productivity app that monitors the exact amount of bandwidth used by any iDevice, preventing extra charges being billed to those who do not have an unlimited data plan. Compatible for use with UMTS and LTE networks, the app works with any carrier, because it retrieves data directly from the device and not from the carrier's portal. Data Counter can be set to monitor daily, weekly, or monthly usage, and it can provide a notification prior to the user exceeding a specified data limit. The current update adds the ability to monitor traffic usage in the background for timely notifications, a WiFi data monitor with download speed indicator, and a data log that records time and usage displayed in text or chart format.
Web surfing, watching YouTube movies, checking Facebook, downloading email and apps are activities so commonplace, few stop to consider cost. But if Internet access is via a mobile data network like 3G, there may be a limit on the amount of data users can consume before they incur data overage charges. Depending upon the carrier and the wireless plan, users may have a limit on their daily, weekly, or monthly data usage. Ironically, the only way to check their usage is to use more bandwidth to connect to the carrier's portal. Now, Data Counter offers a foolproof method of keeping an eye on data usage anytime, whether online or offline.
- Monitor data usage of any iDevice (universal app)
- Monitor both cellular and WiFi network data usage
- Receive notifications before going over your data limit
- Tracks data usage on a daily, weekly, or monthly basis
- All data usage data is retrieved directly from the iDevice for simple, offline operation
- Day by day record of internet volume usage
- Maximum security, no VPN and no proxy
- 30 seconds setup
“I think Data Counter is a must-have for a lot of users worldwide,” said Ancona. “Most users do not have an unlimited plan, forget to turn off cellular data and are charged additional fees. Data Counter was designed to avoid this. You can simply set your billing cycle and the amount of traffic available: Data Counter will keep you from going over your limit.”
- English, Italian, Spanish, French, German, Simplified Chinese, Japanese and Russian
- iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch (does not support CDMA)
- Requires iOS 5.0 or above
- 6 MB
Pricing and Availability:
Data Counter 2.0 is $1.99 (USD) for a limited time and available worldwide exclusively through the App Store in the Productivity category. Review copies are available on request.