We believe that iQuate can become the foundation for a wide range of cost control and risk reduction initiatives across the enterprise, and play a key role in delivering significantly better value to the business
Dublin, Ireland (PRWEB UK) 1 May 2013
iQuate, the leading provider of automated IT discovery, inventory and measurement solutions for large enterprises, today announced that it has been named as a “Cool Vendor in IT Operations Management for 2013” by Gartner.
The Gartner 2013 IT Operations Management report noted that “Several of this year's Cool Vendors use Nexus of Forces technologies to make it easier to capture and analyze IT operations data, contextual information and tribal knowledge, enabling I&O teams to improve problem solving and make better resource allocation decisions”, and that “Vendors offering tools to manage SLA and software-licensing data can help IT operations leaders control costs and deliver better value to the business.”
“We are delighted to be named as a Gartner 2013 Cool Vendor”, said Paul Sutton, iQuate CEO, “Gartner define Cool Vendors as being innovative, impactful and intriguing, and we fundamentally believe that our technology and solution offering closely meets all these criteria. We provide a highly innovative approach to the discovery of previously ‘invisible’ software asset costs within the enterprise, and we can provide near immediate reductions in operational cost and risk profiles for our customers.”
“The intriguing part is how central our solutions can become in underpinning a key set of IT Operations Management activities in the future”, continued Sutton, “We believe that iQuate can become the foundation for a wide range of cost control and risk reduction initiatives across the enterprise, and play a key role in delivering significantly better value to the business”.
iQuate has experienced unparalleled growth in the last twelve months, with two significant technology releases being accompanied by a number of highly successful customer deployments:
- 96% revenue growth in 2012 over 2011; More revenue in Q4 2012 than all of 2010; Q1 2013 the best Q1 in the company’s history
- Release of iQSonar 2.14 enabled significant expansion into measurement of IBM Database and Application server license metrics
- Oracle Deployment Baseline and ULA Optimization deployment at a European FTSE 100 company resulted in optimization opportunities of over $12.7M and immediate cost avoidance of $3.9M
- The release of iQAnalytics brings Actionable Intelligence to help our customers identify areas that can deliver “quick wins” in specific licensing contexts and support data center transformation, consolidation and optimization projects.
iQuate helps customers reduce IT spend and improve IT compliance by gathering and analyzing information on software and hardware configurations in highly complex physical, virtual and cloud environments. iQuate works closely with customers, consultancy partners and major vendors such as Microsoft, Vmware, Oracle and IBM to ensure the inventory and measurement data provided is as complete and accurate as possible, and is acceptable to the software vendors.
Headquartered in Dublin, Ireland, iQuate also operates from local offices in Paris, France; Sydney, Australia; and San Francisco, US.
For more information contact:
Director of Marketing
About Gartner’s Cool Vendors Research
Each year, Gartner identifies new Cool Vendors in key technology areas and publishes a series of research reports highlighting these innovative vendors and their products and services.
Gartner's definition of a Cool Vendor is a small company offering a technology or product that is:
- Innovative — it enables users to do things they couldn't do before.
- Impactful — it has or will have a business impact; it's not just a matter of "technology for the sake of technology."
- Intriguing — it has caught our interest or curiosity during the past six months or so.
Disclaimer: Gartner does not endorse any vendor, product or service depicted in its research publications, and does not advise technology users to select only those vendors with the highest ratings. Gartner research publications consist of the opinions of Gartner's research organization and should not be construed as statements of fact. Gartner disclaims all warranties, expressed or implied, with respect to this research, including any warranties of merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose.