Bohemia,NY (PRWEB) May 02, 2013
On May 2, Spartan Race discusses five tips for preparing for an obstacle course race.
In their newest blog post, Spartan Race encourages obstacle course race participants to heed the following five tips.
- Keep it simple and do not rely on technology to get you through the race. Get back to the basics. The Spartan Race isn’t about trying out the newest running app or special running shoes; it’s about overcoming obstacles using your body, mud running, and using your survival instincts.
- Bring friends and family. Whether they’re participating or cheering you on, they will be able to provide mental and/or physical support during the race.
- Sign up for Spartan Race’s FOD (Food of the Day) and WOD (Workout of the Day). You will be emailed healthy recipes and ways to train for this unique obstacle course race.
- Read the stories on the Spartan Race blog. You’re sure to find inspiration and stories that you can relate to.
- Leave behind your fears and don’t be afraid to challenge yourself. You won’t regret it. As the Spartan Race slogan says, “You’ll know at the finish line!”
Joe De Sena, founder and CEO of Spartan Race, says, “Spartan Race isn’t your average obstacle course race. If you don’t come prepared, you might not make it to the finish line. These five tips will help beginners conquer any obstacle course race, especially the Spartan Race.”
Spartan Race, voted Outside Magazine’s Best Obstacle Race in 2012, is the world’s leading obstacle race series and the first of its kind to have global rankings. Spartan Race is a timed event series featuring races at three escalating distances in locations worldwide that culminate in a World Championship Finale with cash and prizes for the champions. While featuring competitive elite heats, Spartan Races are for athletes of all levels and abilities and are geared towards ripping people off their couches and into the outdoors. Go to Spartan Race online for more information, a schedule of events or to register for a Spartan Race.