Launching an e-commerce website has the potential to increase your sales and exposure for your business.
Bohemia, NY (PRWEB) May 01, 2013
On May 1, fishbat’s COO highlights the top 5 ways to create a successful e-commerce website after his presentation at Stony Brook University April 25.
Scott Darrohn, COO of online marketing company fishbat, educated some of Long Island’s elite small business owners on how to develop a successful e-commerce website at the New York State Small Business Development Center at Stony Brook University last Thursday.
“I felt honored to present and I think e-commerce is an extremely important topic, especially for small businesses looking to expand,” Darrohn says. “Launching an e-commerce website has the potential to increase your sales and exposure for your business.”
Though most businesses understand e-commerce is the way to go, many don’t have the resources or knowledge to complete the task. In an attempt to enlighten other small business owners, the fishbat COO lists the top 5 ways to create a successful e-commerce website:
1. Avoid content heavy layouts. Too much text could distract customers from buying products.
2. Never utilize designs or colors that compete with a clear message. People like websites that are aesthetically pleasing. “While bright colors attract attention, you don’t want the text to look out of place or become too confusing,” Darrohn says.
3. Make sure navigation is accessible and appropriate. Darrohn says the Forrester Research Institute estimated 50 percent of potential sales are lost because users can’t find information and 40 percent of users don’t return to the site when their first visit is unsuccessful.
4. Utilize videos. Online video is growing rapidly and consumers tend to prefer highly visual content. Consumers will watch videos more often, especially when they are informative. Internet Retailer also says consumers are more confident in online purchases when they watch product videos.
5. Simulate the look and feel of an in-store experience. “Make sure the images are crystal clear and you can see all aspects of each product,” Darrohn says. “People want to see close ups of products, details and they want to be exposed to as much information as possible about each item.”
fishbat, Inc. is a full service online marketing company. Through social media management, search engine optimization (SEO), web design, and public relations, fishbat strives as a marketing firm to raise awareness about your brand and strengthen your corporate image.