Many of the often-neglected-but-important routine tasks can lead to major problems if ignored. With summer on the way, your AC unit is something you need to attend to now before it’s too late.
Chantilly, Virginia (PRWEB) May 01, 2013
Moss Building & Design, a premier remodeling and home services company in Fairfax, wants to make sure homeowners perform the right maintenance on their air-conditioning units to prevent facing this summer’s high temperatures without AC.
Nathan Shaffer, General Manager for Moss Home Services, says “Many of the often-neglected-but-important routine tasks can lead to major problems if ignored. With summer on the way, your AC unit is something you need to attend to now before it’s too late.”
There are many important maintenance tasks every homeowner should be doing today, but here are 5 tips you can do yourself:
1. Check the weather stripping on the doors and windows to make sure there is a tight seal to prevent cool air from leaking out.
2. Check the operation of your attic fan or if you do not have one already, add an attic exhaust fan to keep the attic cooler.
3. Add a 3M UV film on the exterior windows to help reflect the sun. 3M UV film comes in different tints so you can find the ones that best suits your needs.
4. You should check and change your filters on a monthly basis, if necessary. Dirty air filters can restrict air flow and potentially damage your cooling equipment.
5. Clear away leaves, grass, weeds, plants and other debris that block airflow through the outdoor condensing unit.
“There are also routine home maintenance tasks that should be performed saving homeowner’s time and money spent on repairs,” Nathan said. “In the Moss maintenance program, our professionals check water pressure, test sump pumps for proper operation, snake the vanity, tub and shower tops, remove dust and build-up on bathroom exhaust fans and much more.”
The program covers spring and fall. Both seasons can play havoc on a home that is not taken care of properly.
Nathan also commented, “One thing to think about is not only to purchase a maintenance program for yourself, but to also purchase a maintenance program for elderly parents who live on their own. It’s a great gift and brings enormous peace of mind.”
Homeowners who wish to learn more about Moss Building & Designs’ remodeling services in Northern Virginia – including additions, kitchens, baths, basements, and Moss maintenance program and home services – or would like a free consultation are encouraged to contact Moss.
For home improvement in Virginia, you can count on Moss Building & Design. Moss Building & Design and Moss Home Services are award-winning, family-owned residential design, remodeling and home services companies located in Chantilly, Virginia. Since 2001, we have established a reputation for excellence in remodeling additions, kitchens, bathrooms, and basements and home services throughout Northern Virginia.
Our customers see us as a trusted partner and we are very proud of our exceptional 80% repeat customer and referral rates. Moss Building & Design has won consumer awards like Angie’s List Super Service awards the last three years and an A+ rating from the Better Business Bureau, as well as many industry building and design awards.