By understanding the state of the industry and the challenges currently being faced by IT executives, we are able to support our customers and prepare for the future more effectively.
Syracuse, NY (PRWEB) May 02, 2013
CXtec® has released the findings of its 2012 IT Executive Survey, which are based on feedback received at several road show events the company held throughout the country. Attendees represented organizations in the commercial, healthcare, education and financial sectors.
Survey results indicated that maintaining data center infrastructure/preparing for future growth was the main priority for IT professionals (51 percent), followed by implementing next-generation technology (30 percent).
Other key findings of the CXtec IT Executive Survey include:
- Budget restraints: 28 percent of those surveyed believed that budget restraints posed a major challenge to their organizations’ IT function mainly due to a lack of staffing.
- Asset recovery: 16 percent of those surveyed throw out unused IT equipment that has value and/or is still in working condition, while 18 percent throw out equipment that has no value and/or is not in working condition.
- Going green: 46 percent considered responsible recycling and “green IT” a high priority within their organizations.
- Cloud computing: 60 percent considered the security of cloud infrastructure a high priority for their organizations.
- Virtualization: 64 percent of those surveyed have less than half of their data center servers virtualized.
- 10G Ethernet: 61 percent have already implemented or have plans to implement 10G Ethernet within the next three years.
- Bring your own device (BYOD): 37 percent of those surveyed are not looking to implement a BYOD remote access policy within their organizations at this time.
- Top IT concerns: 25 percent considered capital and operational expenses the top concern for their organizations, followed closely by business continuance, disaster recovery, backup and maximizing uptime (23 percent).
“We really enjoy these events because they provide an opportunity to gain valuable feedback and insight from some of the industry’s top professionals,” said Peter Belyea, president of CXtec. “By understanding the state of the industry and the challenges currently being faced by IT executives, we are able to support our customers and prepare for the future more effectively.”
Since its inception in 1978, CXtec has helped customers reduce the cost of their networking and technology infrastructure. CXtec has pioneered new product categories like equal2new®, developed innovations like the CABLExpress® Skinny-Trunk® Solution and continues to provide a comprehensive offering of technology products that keep networks up and costs down. 2012 marks the 12th consecutive year CXtec has been ranked in the CRN Provider 500 list of North America’s Top Technology Integrators. The ISO 9001:2008-certified company’s World Headquarters and its Technology Certification and Distribution Center are located in Syracuse, N.Y. For more information, visit http://www.cxtec.com, http://www.twitter.com/cxtec, or call 800-767-3282.