...Dial down on how much heat you subject your hair to and you’ll notice a huge difference in its moisture content.
Bohemia, NY (PRWEB) May 03, 2013
On May 3, online beauty supply store NewVo Beauty comments on the worst things an individual can do to damage his or her hair. Most of the damage done to hair is a result of common daily routines.
According to an article by Yahoo!, the five worst things an individual can do to damage his or her hair are:
- Using old hair brushes- Brushes that aren’t cleaned often contain germs, which are deposited back into hair when the brush is used. Wash hair brushes with baking soda and water to eliminate bacteria.
- Not changing shampoos and conditioners- Don’t stick to the same products when you change hair styles. If you add highlights or color to your hair, change products accordingly.
- Using too much heat- According to the article, “Excess heat strips hair of its natural moisture, causing your cuticles to dry and snap off — leading to some thirsty-looking strands. That's why we're told not to turn the heat all the way up on our styling tools.” For blow dryers and styling tools like flat irons, make sure to keep the heat on a lower setting.
- Not carefully handling wet hair- When strands of hair are wet, they are delicate and can break off. Make sure to always comb through hair with a wide toothed comb first.
- Skipping hair protectant- Use a thermal protectant spray to maintain hair moisture. Thermal protectant spray protects against heat and extra breakage.
“There are so many tools and products involved in everyday styling that it’s often easy to forget how to use them properly,” says NewVo Beauty representative Sara Greenstone. “One of the biggest misuses of beauty care products is heated styling tools. These tools don’t require as much heat as some may think. Dial down on how much heat you subject your hair to and you’ll notice a huge difference in its moisture content.”
NewVo Beauty sells over 5,000 professional beauty salon products. Committed to providing quality, hard-to-find premium products and great service, NewVo Beauty offers high-demand salon merchandise at affordable prices. They’re available 24/7 to answer any queries to ensure customers have a great buying experience.