Washington, DC (PRWEB) May 03, 2013
As health plans develop products for the federal and state-run health insurance exchanges this October, many will factor in the results they and others have achieved marketing to consumers through private exchanges. Top executives from Bloom Health and Liazon Corp. — two of the largest and most innovative companies operating private exchanges in the country — will review real-life examples of private exchanges operating in today’s market, and discuss how they impact insurers, employers and employees in “Private Exchanges: What Their Product Design and Results Foreshadow for New ACA Marketplaces,” an upcoming May 14 webinar from Atlantic Information Services, Inc. (AIS).
Private exchanges, unlike traditional employer-sponsored health benefits, give workers the ability to select plans that best meet the unique needs of themselves and their families. Experts say these exchanges have revolutionized the way employers finance and administer employee benefits and have increased employee satisfaction with, and appreciation of, the benefits their employers provide and subsidize. Among their advantages: employers better forecast and budget for the amount they contribute to coverage, workers receive greater choices to meet their needs and better control their take-home pay, and insurers can drive efficiencies and lower costs.
On May 14, Simeon Schindelman, CEO of Bloom Health, and Alan Cohen, chief strategy officer and co-founder of Liazon Corp., will offer best practices of employers using this benefit model. They will provide perspectives on key questions such as:
- What lessons can be learned from recent examples of small and large employers using private exchanges?
- How much in savings have private exchanges generated for employers and employees alike?
- What opportunities and challenges exist for health insurers in establishing or participating in private exchanges?
- What are the key considerations for people choosing their own benefits?
- What are the current trends in the private exchange marketplace?
- What lessons do private exchanges teach about product design and customer behavior for this fall’s federal and state-run exchanges?
Visit http://aishealth.com/marketplace/c3r21_051413 for more details and registration information.
Atlantic Information Services, Inc. (AIS) is a publishing and information company that has been serving the health care industry for more than 25 years. It develops highly targeted news, data and strategic information for managers in hospitals, health plans, medical group practices, pharmaceutical companies and other health care organizations. AIS products include print and electronic newsletters, websites, looseleafs, books, strategic reports, databases, webinars and conferences. Learn more at http://AISHealth.com.