Compared to the rest of the country, according to WWLTV, Louisiana motorists file more injury claims compared to other states...
Natchitoches, LA (PRWEB) May 23, 2013
The latest report from Insure.com, a leading insurance industry website, has showed that Louisiana still tops the rest of the country when it comes to auto insurance rates. The annual average of $2,699 is more than double of that of the national average of $1,500. Although a variety of factors determine auto insurance rates, and those factors vary from state to state, there are certain characteristics of Louisianan motorists that may be causing these high rates.
Compared to the rest of the country, according to WWLTV, Louisiana motorists file more injury claims compared to other states and, although not controllable, the state has a high rate of natural disaster damage. Although residents cannot control the cost of auto insurance as a whole, individuals can do their part to lower their own auto insurance rates. The first step, say the local insurance agents at Cunningham Financial Group, is to understand how rates are calculated. Next, controlling for personal qualifications can help lower rates, earn discounts and improve auto insurance rates overall for the motorist.
Auto insurance rates are determined by a number of factors, including:
- The age of the motorist. The younger the driver, the higher the rates. After the age of 25, however, the risk is statistically shown to be lower, thus, lower rates.
- Occupation. Depending on where the motorist works, and how far the travel is, the rates for auto insurance can differ. Drivers driving 4 miles to get to work each day, may qualify for lower rates since they are driving fewer annual miles, and, theoretically, less likely to be involved in an accident.
- The driving record of the motorist. A clean driving history means better rates.
- Paying on time. Whether this is on credit cards or auto insurance, a record of paying on time can result in lower premiums.
- The make and model of a car will impact insurance rates. Fancier cars translate to higher premiums as they will cost more to replace or fix.
Every motorist is different. Certain driving certifications or courses can result in lower premiums due to the discounts that can be applied. In order to find out your specific circumstances, the best thing to do is talk with your insurance agent. At Cunningham Financial Group, local agents are dedicated to giving Louisiana residents a personal experience when it comes to auto insurance. Call or stop by today for more information and the help you need to get your auto insurance rates lower!
About Cunningham Financial Group:
Proudly located in Natchitoches & Mansfield LA, Cunningham Financial Group is the area’s leading local insurance agency; dedicated to serving the insurance needs of Louisiana individuals, families and businesses for over 75 years. As a well established agency, Cunningham Financial Group represents various nationwide insurance carriers, allowing its dedicated agents to effectively compare rates and coverage to ensure clients receive the quality protection they deserve. The agency’s broad network of providers ensures that they can secure superior Louisiana insurance, and the most affordable online insurance quotes, for all coverage needs!