Unlicensed NH Driver Injures Two, Raises Liability Questions

Share Article

A driver without a valid license caused a car accident in Hudson, NH last week, injuring two people and trapping one in her car. The driver has been ticketed, but personal injury attorney John Tenn says he may face much bigger consequences.

News Image

Firefighters had to work to extract a woman from the passenger seat of her car last week after she and her husband were struck while leaving a parking lot (Union Leader 4.21.13). Police say the driver who caused the accident did not have a license, and NH auto accident attorney John Tenn believes the man could pay for a lot more than a ticket.

The unlicensed driver, Jonathan Osborne, made a left turn to pull into the parking lot while the couple, Christopher and Deborah Labrador, stopped legally before pulling out. The Labradors were both taken to the hospital with non-life threatening injuries as stated in the Union Leader article published April 21, 2013.

Osborne has been issued citations for unreasonable speed and driving without a license. Tenn says he is also legally liable for the Labradors' medical bills and damages.

“Anytime there's a car accident, the person whose negligence caused the collision is liable for the costs,” said Tenn, who focuses much of his practice on assisting accident victims. “In some cases it's very hard to sort out who is to blame, and liability is hard to assign. Not in this case.”

Attorney Tenn says that car accident victims should always talk to an attorney to discuss their liability and legal options.

“In this case the at-fault driver had no license and was ticketed for going too fast. Whether he's insured or not, the couple is entitled to receive compensation for the collision and resulting injuries.”

About John Tenn:

John J. Tenn is a New Hampshire personal injury lawyer who helped found the Tenn And Tenn law firm to provide top legal representation for clients involved in personal injury cases, drivers accused of driving under the influence of alcohol or drugs, and anyone experiencing a divorce. He can be contacted at:

Tenn And Tenn, P.A.
16 High St., Suite 3
Manchester, New Hampshire 03101
(603) 624-3700

Original Source

Share article on social media or email:

View article via:

Pdf Print

Contact Author

John Tenn
Visit website