Crawford, Colo. (PRWEB) May 08, 2013
Smith Fork Ranch – an intimate luxury resort nestled in a dramatic mountain valley in the Colorado Rockies midway between Aspen and Telluride – redefines the authentic western experience for guests. Smith Fork Ranch announces news and enhancements for the 2013 season, which extends from May 24 – Nov. 1, 2013. Smith Fork Ranch welcomes families, couples, groups of friends or multi-generational families in luxurious comfort and gourmet farm-to-table cuisine on a secluded and stunningly beautiful ranch encompassed by more than 1 million acres of national forest and wilderness.
New this season, Smith Fork Ranch is adding on-site guided mountain biking, Sporting Clay five-stand and a boutique spa. Smith Fork Ranch offers flexible arrival and departure dates and length of stay. For more information on Smith Fork Ranch, visit http://www.smithforkranch.com, email reservations(at)smithforkranch(dot)com, or call 855-539-1492.
Experiences & Adventures
Smith Fork Ranch offers guests an array of bespoke experience and adventures. Seasoned guides are available for the following activities, which are located on property.
- Guided Horseback Riding – Smith Fork Ranch has ample horses on the ranch, so all guests can be matched to the perfect steed. Guests ride on the ranch on endless miles of trails originating from the ranch.
- Mountain Biking – New this summer, Smith Fork Ranch offers adult and children’s mountain bikes, with trails on the property and technical single-track trails for guests seeking more of an adrenaline rush.
- Sporting Clays – New this season, Smith Fork Ranch has added Sporting Clays, a classic shotgun sport shooting game with state-of-the-art clay throwers and Beretta shotguns.
- Fly-fishing on three miles of private river (technical fly-fishing) on the Smith Fork of the Gunnison River as well as in five stocked trout ponds
- Hiking in National Forest and Wilderness, including Needle Rock or Bald Mountain
- Authentic farm-to-table gourmet dining experience and award-winning wine list
- New spa offering massages and spa treatments
- Archery – Practice long-bow archery on short-, medium-, and long-distance target range or a six-stage adventure course through the woods.
- Tailored children’s programs
- Many additional off-site adventures including the following:
- Float-fishing in Gunnison Gorge (known as “Big Gunny” by serious fishermen) located only 20 minutes from the ranch, which is among the finest fishing experiences in the lower 48
- Visit the Black Canyon of the Gunnison National Forest, the newest national forest, with the main entrance only 25 minutes from SFR
- Visits to artisan glass blower, artists, vineyards and more in Crawford, Paonia and the North Fork Valley.
Straddling three miles of the Smith Fork River Valley and encompassed by the Gunnison National Forest and 10- 13,000 foot peaks of the Rocky Mountains, Smith Fork Ranch is located eight miles east of Crawford, Colo., in the North Fork Valley, home to generations of ranch culture as well as a wide array of organic farms and orchards, Colorado’s finest vineyards as well as craftsmen and artists. The ranch features some of the most spectacular backdrops imaginable, thoughtfully situated in the shadow of Saddle Mountain with the snow-capped Mendicant Ridge and Mount Guero looming overhead.
A boutique property, the 285 acre Smith Fork Ranch encompasses two log houses and three cabins which accommodate a maximum of 26 guests. The cabins and guest house are historic buildings which have been lovingly restored, and the River House is a newer log building with spacious living room and deck overlooking the Smith Fork River. Guest accommodations are handsomely appointed in the rustic tradition with American primitive antiques collected by the owners and original arts and crafts from nearby artisans. Special touches include feather beds, luxurious linens, iPod docking stations, as well as complimentary Wi-Fi.
Guests enjoy gourmet authentic farm-to-table cuisine from Executive Chef Seth Bateman as well as a wine cellar which received a Wine Spectator Award of Excellence. Chef Bateman trained at the California Culinary Academy and is a veteran of renowned farm-to-table California restaurants including Meadowood in Napa, The Lodge at Torrey Pines in La Jollla, and Pesce Blue and Terra Luna on Cape Cod. Bateman sources his fresh produce from Smith Fork Ranch organic farmstead garden managed by full-time farmer/gardener Alma Roberts or from the farms in the North Fork Valley. All lamb, beef chicken and eggs are sustainably raised and sourced from the North Fork Valley, and Chef Bateman smokes and cures his own charcuterie, bacon and more.
Colorado Luxury Ranch Experience High Summer (Jun. 17-Sept. 20) – Starts at $2730 for three nights Spring/Fall Shoulder Season (May 25- Jun. 16/Oct. 1-31) – Starts at $1652 for two nights, based on double occupancy
The ultimate Smith Fork Ranch package is the Colorado Luxury Ranch Experience which offers refined, rustic accommodations for two, all meals, and activities. A three-night stay includes (morning or afternoon): (1) Horseback Riding Orientation and trail ride, (1) Fly casting lesson and fly-fishing experience, and (1) 50-shot round of sporting clays, archery and hiking guided by SFR Wranglers or outdoor guides. Each additional night added to the package includes a guided half-day activity per person so there is still time to enjoy ranch recreational facilities.
Taste of the West
All-Inclusive Culinary Retreat – Rates start at $4930 per couple based on four nights
Package includes four nights’ accommodations, welcome basket, breakfast, lunch, dinner, snacks, all beverages including fine wines, spirits and beer, five-course dinner each day, one private half-day guided adventure for two (horseback riding, fly fishing, hiking, archery, sporting clays, mountain biking), use of all ranch facilities, equipment and unguided on-ranch activities, and a gift bottle of SFR wine OR a spa massage for two.
Ninth Annual Cowgirl Adventure Retreat Oct. 2 -6, 2013 – Rates start at $1945, based on single occupancy
Beneath the glorious fall colors, the SFR Cowgirl Adventure Retreat appeals to the beginner or advanced rider. Cowgirl Adventure Retreat Package includes four nights in a luxurious cabin room, all gourmet meals, ranch amenities, and three full days of as much cowgirl and western adventure desired, as well as clinics, lessons, and instruction on Natural Horsemanship from SFR wranglers, trail rides into the backcountry, tacking up, and general care of horses, SFR renowned farm-to-table cuisine with cowgirls and wranglers, campfire and live music, clinic on colt breaking with trainer Jeff Derby, cattle work and team penning in SFR arena, opportunity to learn and participate in fly-fishing, archery, mountain biking, and clay target shooting. Total package is $1945 per person (based on single occupancy, but sharing a cabin, not room) including accommodations, activities, meals, taxes and service charge.
About Smith Fork Ranch
Smith Fork Ranch is nestled in the Smith Fork Valley at the base of the Colorado Rockies, and adjacent to the North Fork Valley, midway between Aspen and Telluride. An award-winning resort, Smith Fork accommodates only 26 guests in luxurious comfort. Famed for its inventive cuisine, award-winning wine cellar, activities include horseback riding, fly-fishing, and mountain biking.
For information or reservations, visit http://www.Smithforkranch.com, contact reservations(at)smithforkranch(dot)com or call 855-539-1492; Smith Fork Ranch is located at 45362 Needle Rock Road, Crawford, CO 81415.
Media Contact: Maureen Poschman, Maureen@promocommunications.com; +1 970 948 3176