3Play 4800 puts more real-time capabilities in the hands of replay operators than any other system on the market – and at a breakthrough price point that makes replay system ownership a reality for the first time.
San Antonio, Texas (PRWEB) May 03, 2013
TV Technology awarded 3Play 4800TM, a multi-camera replay server from NewTekTM, a STAR Award at the 2013 NAB Show. The awards are designed to celebrate and showcase the preeminent technological innovations available to the media industry. 3Play 4800, which offers more real-time capabilities than any other multi-camera replay server, stood out among other contenders at NAB and caught the attention of the panel of broadcast industry experts that judged for the awards.
“3Play 4800 is a multi-camera replay server that redefines price-performance standards in live sports production,” says Dr. Andrew Cross, Chief Technology Officer at NewTek. “In the past, the cost of delivering HD instant replay was so high, many sports producers were forced to rent equipment. 3Play 4800 puts more real-time capabilities in the hands of replay operators than any other system on the market – and at a breakthrough price point that makes replay system ownership a reality for the first time.”
Unique Toolset of 3Play 4800
Unlike any other replay server on the market, 3Play 4800 offers more real-time capabilities in a single turnkey system, placing an unprecedented toolset at the fingertips of every replay operator.
Top features of the system include:
- Redundant Capture — Redundant capture of up to 4 live video sources doubles up ISO recordings and protects all media assets. Users can also choose to simultaneously record all 8 inputs as separate camera feeds to add more angles as needed.
- High-end Visuals — Live animated, 3D-warped visual transition effects for switching and in-program editing, with custom animation creator and import of your own branded graphic elements.
- Live Replay Switching — Monitor all angles during replay, and transition between them video-switcher style—providing a completely finished replay segment within moments, animated transitions and all, to output to switcher, feed the video board, or upload to the Web.
- High Quality Slow Motion — Get clear, crisp slow motion playback with both standard HD or SD cameras, achieved with a super-resolution algorithm for sharper slow motion and dramatic stills alike.
- Social Media Publishing — Easily distribute content to multiple social media sites in one pass—even during live production, for a unified, immediate brand presence.
3Play 4800 is available immediately for a retail price of $39,995 USD. International pricing may vary. For more information, please visit http://www.newtek.com, or call NewTek Sales at 800-368-5441. International callers dial +1-210-370-8000.
NewTek is transforming the way people create network-style television content and share it with the world. From sporting events, Web-based talk shows, live entertainment, classrooms, and corporate communications—to virtually any venue where people want to capture and publish live video, we give our customers the power to grow their audiences, brands and businesses, faster than ever before.
Clients include: “The X Factor,” ESPN X Games, New York Giants, NBA Development League, Fox News, BBC, NHL, Nickelodeon, CBS Radio, ESPN Radio, Fox Sports, MTV, TWiT.TV, USA TODAY, Department of Homeland Security (DHS), and National Aeronautics and Space Administration (NASA).
NewTek is privately owned and based in San Antonio, Texas. For more information on NewTek please visit: http://www.newtek.com, Twitter, YouTube, Flickr or connect with us on Facebook.
- NewTek, TriCaster and 3Play are trademarks of NewTek.
- All other products or brand names mentioned are trademarks or registered trademarks of their respective holders.