Las Vegas, NV (PRWEB) May 02, 2013
e107 Inc., known for its free website content management system written in PHP and MySQL, announced today the release of its much anticipated e107 v2 alpha. The new release brings many new features and enhancements, among which are a re-worked administration area, HTML5 and Twitter Bootstrap optimization throughout as well as search-engine-friendly URLs, batch processing and inline editing.
"v2 represents hundreds of hours of development - a re-thinking and optimization of almost every aspect of our CMS, with upward of 80% of the code having been re-written while retaining backwards-compatibility. We believe that e107 v2 will be an attractive alternative for anyone who may be considering a CMS such as Wordpress, Joomla or Drupal," said Cameron Hanly, CEO of e107 Inc.
e107 v2 alpha is now available for downloaded from the company's website http://e107.org.
Bug and pull-requests may be submitted on their github page: https://github.com/e107inc/e107/issues
Related Media: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_j0b9syAuIk
Selected Highlights of e107 v2
Technology and Flexibility
- HTML5 and jQuery support and functionality
- Optimized with Twitter Bootstrap
- Backwards compatibility with the v1 product family
- Import data from other content management systems
- Improved security and granular approach to user management
Optimization and Social Integration
- Integrated social profiles and shared logins
- Prepopulated Open Graph (OG) tags
- Human readable, search engine friendly URLs auto generated and fully editable
- Customize Meta Keywords and Descriptions for each content item
Intuitive Administration Area
- Drag and drop ordering of items
- "Stay In Edit" mode to save changes on the fly and continue working
- Pop up media manager with on page uploading while writing or creating content
- Inline editing and batch processing to make multiple changes without editing per item
- Add or remove details columns in overview lists
Themes, Plugins and Menus
- Integrated full featured Media Gallery for photos, videos and more
- Assign pages to layouts by default and on demand through the Theme Manager
- Theme designs can assign menus and install plugins as the theme designer intended at the push of a button
- Menus can be assigned to multiple areas across multiple page layouts or to just one single page
Please note: As with any alpha product, this release is not recommended for use on live, high-demand production sites.