London (PRWEB UK) 6 May 2013
Many factors are driving the M2M market in the oil and gas industry, including new regulations, rising operating costs due to increasingly inaccessible reserves, and accelerating competition between international oil companies (IOCs) and national oil companies (NOCs). Johan Svanberg, senior analyst for Berg Insight said: "Demand for improved operational efficiency and new governmental regulations will push the adoption of wireless M2M in the industry".
Against this backdrop SMi’s M2M for the Oil and Gas Industry will address the role of Wireless Networks and Machine to Machine technologies, their current utilization, the future of devices and machine to machine connectivity and automation, and the role technical strategies play as operational business drivers for Oil and Gas applications.
Key reasons to attend:
- Hear how technologies are currently be utilised in increasing the Oil and Gas industry’s ability to reach regions previously not possible
- Learn how M2M can benefit health monitoring of up and midstream assets
- Understand how adoption of M2M techniques and solutions can reduce operating costs and increase revenues
- Gain an insight into how M2M can benefit monitoring reliability and visibility, increase safety and regulatory compliance
- Connect with leaders developing the latest technologies, from Satellite connectivity to Wireless Networks, to new product development from device manufacturers
- Identify with challenges and barriers, learn from the leaders and drive business value in your operations
- Engage in question and answer sessions about the impact of M2M and disruptive technologies and how business leaders can monetise the opportunities
Expert speakers include:
- Berry Mulder, Team Leader for Frontier Automation, Shell
- Majid Shehry, Application Architecture Specialist, Saudi Aramco
- Goran Naslund, Global Business Development Manager, Vodafone
- Peter Cawley, Head of Department of Mechanical Engineering, Imperial College London
- Dan McDuffie, CEO, Wyless
- Jenn Markey, Director of Corporate Marketing, Skywave Mobile Communications
- James Freeman, Chief Technology Officer, Zedi
For the full conference programme and further information please visit:
Alternatively contact: Aaron Jackson on +44 (0) 20 7827 6064 or email ajackson(at)smi-online.co(dot)uk
About SMi Group
Established since 1993, the SMi Group is a global event-production company that specializes in Business-to-Business Conferences, Workshops, Masterclasses and online Communities. We create and deliver events in the Defence, Security, Energy, Utilities, Finance and Pharmaceutical industries.
We pride ourselves on having access to the world’s most forward thinking opinion leaders and visionaries, allowing us to bring our communities together to Learn, Engage, Share and Network. We hold events in over 30 major cities throughout the world including London, Paris and Singapore and to date have welcomed over 200,000 participants from 80 countries.
For more information, please visit http://www.smi-online.co.uk