Park City, Utah (PRWEB) May 05, 2013
Today, Zane Benefits, Inc. published a new guide on Stand-Alone HRAs. Zane Benefits, which provides comprehensive and flexible alternatives to traditional employer sponsored health benefits, is the leader in defined contribution health plans and health reimbursement arrangements.
According to Zane Benefits’ website, a stand-alone HRA is an affordable alternative to an employer-sponsored group health insurance plan that helps small businesses (and businesses of all size) recruit and retain employees. Rather than paying the costs to provide a specific group health plan, an employer can fix costs on a monthly basis by establishing a stand-alone Health Reimbursement Arrangement (HRA).
According to Zane Benefits’ website, the general concept of a stand-alone HRA is that a company would:
- Cancel its group health insurance plan (if it has one).
- Define any amount it can afford for health benefits.
- Select an Insurance Professional to help employees shop for and purchase individual health policies (typically, this saves the employees 25-50%).
- Use HRA Software to reimburse employees tax-free on payroll for their health policies and other out-of-pocket medical expenses (doctor visits, prescriptions, etc).
According to Zane Benefits’ website, stand-alone HRAs by themselves are not health insurance plans. Stand-alone HRAs give the employer control of benefits, while giving employees choice. With a stand-alone HRA, both employees and employers save money.
The new hands-on guide provides a basic overview of stand-alone HRAs and three worksheets to get an employer started in designing their employee health benefits. The 8-page reference guide is available for free download at the zanebenefits.com website and covers the following topics:
- Overview of Stand-Alone HRAs
- Simple HRA Plan Design Worksheet
- Advanced HRA Plan Design Worksheet
- HRA Budgeting Worksheet
About Zane Benefits
Zane Benefits was founded in 2006 to provide a revolutionized SaaS (Software-as-a-Service) administration platform ("ZaneHRA") for Health Reimbursement Arrangements (HRAs) and defined contribution health care. The flagship software provides a 100% paperless administration experience to employers and insurance professionals that want to offer better health benefits without a traditional group health insurance plan at lower costs. For more information about ZaneHRA, visit http://www.zanebenefits.com.