Scottsdale, Arizona (PRWEB) May 08, 2013
SheKnows.com announces its Messy Moments Photo Contest as part of this month’s Family Issue. Readers can submit their priceless photos (the ones just about every parent has) – of baby faces covered in strained peas, spaghetti in the hair or fistfuls of cake being shoved into little mouths.
Now through May 30 at 11:59 p.m. PST, submit, share and vote daily for photos of your baby’s best messy moment and be entered to win a free family beach vacation.
Kristin Bustamante, SheKnows editorial director, offers some dos and don’ts for capturing great photos of your kids:
- DO bring out your inner child, and encourage funny faces or silliness through your own actions. Get down on the floor, jump up and down – remember, you’re on the other side of the lens and no one will know!
- DON’T reserve your camera for special occasions. Instead, keep it close for life’s special spontaneous moments. Too many moments are stuck on our phones!
- DO hold still. While the kids are in constant motion, it’s your job to master a steady hand.
- DON’T ignore the lighting. Remember, natural lighting is your friend! Avoid direct sunlight or you’ll be stuck with scrunchy faces.
- DO encourage messy moments once in a while and capture the joy that a mess can inspire. Give the kids some paint and a canvas or that pile of leaves you just raked up!
- DON’T force it. Instead of forcing your children into stiff poses, walk and play along with them and capture spontaneous moments between them.
Whatever your definition, "family" is about laughing, loving, bonding and making memories. If we could bottle the concept of "family," this month’s issue would be it. In addition to the photo contest, readers will find additional highlights including Mother’s Day table settings and tips, “Summer Meals with Five Ingredients of Less,” “Guess the Celebrity Mommy,” “Mom’s Dream Family Chore Chart,” a Family Fun Instagram Challenge, and an exclusive video interview with The Wonder Years’ beloved Danica McKellar as she talks motherhood, math, and much, much more!
With female-focused content and programming, SheKnows enables community-powered journalists to create and distribute premium content at scale. It is the largest online lifestyle community for women 25-54 attracting more than 43 million unique visitors (comScore January 2013). As one of the fastest-growing global destinations on the web, SheKnows boasts a stimulating, well-rounded online experience enhanced with three-time Emmy® Award-winning SheKnows TV, captivating experts, and partnerships with celebrity contributors.
Recently honored by Forbes as one of the Top 100 Websites for Women and one of the Top 10 Lifestyle Sites for Women, SheKnows.com also received the OMMA Award for Web Excellence as the No. 1 site for Family, Parenting and Women’s Interests two years in a row. For advertisers, sponsorship opportunities and creative integration deliver a seamless user experience.
The company is based in Scottsdale, Ariz., with offices in New York City, Los Angeles and Chicago.
For more information:
Director of Public Relations
(480) 237-7100 Ext. 4109
Consumer Publicity Manager
(480) 237-7100 Ext. 4171