New York, NY (PRWEB) May 09, 2013
Senior executives from up-and-coming mining companies will discuss how their companies have positioned themselves in the current global economic environment at the New York Society of Security Analysts’ half-day 14th Annual Metals and Mining Conference on June 5, 2013.
Industry expert, Dr. Raymond Goldie, VP and senior mining analyst at Salman Partners, will give attendees an overview of the mining sector and junior mining companies.
This conference will explore why there has been a disconnect between the price of underlying commodities and the stock prices of mining companies, and how some junior miners may benefit from this. Professional investors have seen the commodity cycle fueled by emerging markets over the last few years, so it’s important to stay up-to-date with events occurring in this space. During this program, industry executives will also reveal their expectations for prospects, including discussions on M&A activity.
Presenting companies include:
- Mason Graphite Inc, which is focused on the development of its Lac Guéret graphite project in northeastern Quebec that has the highest known graphite grade in the world
- NOVAGOLD, a well-financed precious metals company engaged in the development of mineral properties in North America
- Polymet, which is at an advanced stage of securing permits to construct and operate its NorthMet copper-nickel-precious metals in Minnesota
- Quaterra, a mineral exploration company focused on copper deposits in the US and gold and silver in Mexico, all in mining-friendly locations
- Rainy River Resources, which is developing its 4-million ounce gold asset in Ontario, Canada
The 14th Annual Metals and Mining Conference will be held on June 5, 2013 from 8:30 a.m.–12:15 p.m. at 1540 Broadway, Suite 1010, New York, NY 10036.
Visit http://www.nyssa.org/mining for the complete event description and registration information.
There is no charge for press with credentials. Interested members of the press can email email@example.com to request admission to this event.
Established in 1937, the New York Society of Security Analysts (NYSSA) is a leading forum for the investment community. NYSSA’s mission is to promote best practices and the highest professional and ethical standards in the industry. NYSSA is a nonprofit industry organization that provides education and a venue for policymakers and practitioners to discuss the major issues that drive the finance industry and economy. The Society also strives to assist its members and other financial professionals in their career development. With nearly 10,000 members, NYSSA is the largest of the 135 societies of CFA Institute, which has more than 105,000 members globally.