NY, NY (PRWEB) May 11, 2013
There are many benefits to using RFID in the jewelry business and one of the premier providers of this technology to jewelry vendors, TracTech Systems, recently announced an exciting change that will make this technology even more convenient. They have unveiled a new RFID reader that is easier to use, more convenient and even more functional than their previous models. This new reader combined with the state of the art RFID technology TracTech Systems already employs will help make RFID accessible to many in the jewelry field.
RFID or radio frequency identification is a technology used to track and identify items. It has been used for years in a variety of different industries including the automotive industry, human resources and more. A small RFID chip is attached to an item that needs tracking. The signal is read by an electromagnetic reader. TracTech Systems has created a unique RFID solution for the jewelry trade by embedding RFID chips into standard jewelry tags.
The addition of the new reader to TracTech Systems lineup of RFID tools will bring many benefits to current users of the system and to those new to RFID. The new reader features several important improvements to make using the system easier and more convenient. The new features include:
- Greater Tag Reading Ability- The new reader is better able to read RFID tags than its predecessor. This feature is makes scanning jewelry in boxes or in non-metal containers much easier and more accurate.
- Larger Opening- A larger mouth opening allows for more flexibility in inserting trays and boxes of jewelry. The mouth of the new reader measures 8” tall by 14” wide.
- LED Indicator Lights- Specially designed LED indicator lights make the new reader more user friendly and easier to use.
- Lighting Inside- Interior lighting makes it easy to see jewelry even when it is placed inside the reader.
- Built-In Processor- One of the most exciting new additions to the reader is a built-in processor unit making this reader entirely self-contained. Previous versions of the reader had to be connected to an external processor to function, but this addition builds the processor into the device making the reader easier to use, easier to install and easier to transport.
Speaking about the new reader, Keven Peck said, “We are excited to introduce this new reader to the jewelry industry and look forward to continuing to make TracTech RFID an accessible and convenient choice for jewelry vendors around the world.”
To learn more about RFID technology for the jewelry business or the RFID reader contact TracTech Systems directly through info(at)tractechsystems(dot)com.
About TracTech Systems:
TracTech Systems has created a revolutionary inventory management system for the jewelry industry. Their special jewelry tags are embedded with RFID chips and when paired with a special reader device make tasks like inventory, billing and even finding lost items simple. To learn more about TracTech Systems and their RFID technology please visit their website at: http://www.tractechsystems.com/