Clearwater, FL., U.S.A. (PRWEB) May 09, 2013
(ISC)2® (“ISC-squared”), the world’s largest not-for-profit information security professional body and administrators of the CISSP®, today released the full education program and speaker line-up for its third annual Security Congress, taking place September 24-27, 2013 at McCormick Place in Chicago, IL. Once again, (ISC)2 Security Congress will be colocated with the ASIS International 59th Annual Seminar and Exhibits, bringing together more than 20,000 professionals from around the world for three days of education, networking, and an expansive exhibit floor of security products and services. The complete program can be viewed at https://www.isc2.org/security-congress/conference-tracks.aspx.
“Security professionals are under more pressure than ever before. It is essential that they stay up to date on emerging issues, trends and technologies, making this year’s theme ‘Empowering Cyber Security Leaders’ very timely,” said W. Hord Tipton, CISSP-ISSEP, CAP, CISA, executive director of (ISC)². “With over 80 interactive sessions and access to unique services like the Career Pavilion and Cyber Security Challenge, the career development opportunities are abundant.”
Key conference tracks include: Cloud Security; Swiss Army Knife - Tips, Tools and Techniques for the Well-Rounded Infosecurity Professional; Application Security; Mobile Security & Social Networking; Governance, Regulation and Compliance; Software Assurance; Threats-Inside & Out; Malware; and Government Security.
Conference Keynotes Include:
- Steve Wozniak, co-founder of Apple Computer and philanthropist
- The Honorable John Winston Howard, 25th Prime Minister of Australia 1996 – 2007
- Mike Ditka, Legendary NFL coach and analyst
Notable Speakers and Sessions Include:
- Luiz Dos Santos, director, Trustwave: “Mobile Snitch”
- Dale Beauchamp, branch manager, Transportation Security Administration: “Insider Threat Detection and Forensics”
- Roland Cloutier, VP, chief security officer, ADP: “The Future of Business Transaction Security - The Endpoint Is Dirty: Move On”
- Rafal Los, principal, Strategic Security Services, HP Enterprise Security Services: “Taming The House Of Cards: Creating a Resilient Enterprise”
- Javvad Malik, senior security analyst, 451 Research: “Using Social Media to Elevate Information Security”
- Jeff Northrup, CTO, IAPP: “The Case For a Comprehensive Privacy Program”
- Richard Tychansky, chair, Supply Chain Security Subcommittee; Tony Vargas, technical leader, Engineering, Cisco Systems; Edward Bonver, senior principal software engineer, Symantec Corporation: “Supply Chain Software Assurance Panel: Managing Product Acquisition Risk”
- Robin "Montana" Williams, director, U.S. Department of Homeland Security: “How to Use the National Cybersecurity Workforce Framework: Your Implementation Guide”
Congress will include a series of other (ISC)² events that can be attended by members and non-members:
- Several Pre-conference sessions including training for the CISSP and Digital Forensics
- Free, half-day clinics for all (ISC)² credentials (CISSP, CISSP-ISSMP®, CSSLP®, CAP®, and SSCP®)
- (ISC)² Town Hall Meeting and Member Reception [(ISC)² members only]
- Safe and Secure Online volunteer orientation [(ISC)² members only]
“This September, ASIS and (ISC)² will again join forces to bring together professionals from logical and traditional security for a comprehensive event that will paint a complete picture of the threat landscape,” Geoffrey T. Craighead, CPP, president of ASIS International. From vast educational offerings and innovations in technology, products and services to unlimited opportunities for collaboration across disciplines, Security Congress and ASIS 2013 will offer all security professionals the tools and insights they need to stay competitive in their increasingly overlapping worlds. We invite security professionals from all corners of the industry to engage in this important discussion that will help to build an integrated security strategy for all."
Tony Vargas, CSSLP, CISSP-ISSAP, Security+, and technical leader, Engineering for Cisco, commented, "Security Congress is about teamwork and moving the industry forward. The conference also has a number of great tracks, especially related to secure application development. At last year’s event, I got a profound sense of community with (ISC)² staff and fellow (ISC)² members – an experience you can’t get in person anywhere else. If your professional development budget has been cut this year, Congress is the one event you should attend.”
The Security Congress program is available online, offering attendees an opportunity to personalize their event experience. (ISC)² members are eligible for special discounted pricing and will be able to attend any of the ASIS events including keynotes, networking lunches, and educational sessions. More details are available at isc2.org/Security-Congress.aspx.
(ISC)² is the largest not-for-profit membership body of certified information security professionals worldwide, with nearly 90,000 members in more than 135 countries. Globally recognized as the Gold Standard, (ISC)² issues the Certified Information Systems Security Professional (CISSPÒ) and related concentrations, as well as the Certified Secure Software Lifecycle Professional (CSSLPÒ), Certified Authorization Professional (CAPÒ), and Systems Security Certified Practitioner (SSCPÒ) credentials to qualifying candidates. (ISC)²’s certifications are among the first information technology credentials to meet the stringent requirements of ISO/IEC Standard 17024, a global benchmark for assessing and certifying personnel. (ISC)² also offers education programs and services based on its CBK®, a compendium of information security topics. More information is available at http://www.isc2.org.
# # #
© 2013, (ISC)² Inc. (ISC)², CISSP, ISSAP, ISSMP, ISSEP, CSSLP, CAP, SSCP and CBK are registered marks of (ISC)², Inc.