Local Charleston, SC Chimney Company Holds CSIA Dryer Vent Cleaning Certification

Share Article

Cleaning a Dryer Vent is serious business once you realize dryers are responsible for more fires each year in homes than chimneys. Local Charleston, South Carolina Chimney Company has certified technicians that do the job right.

Ashbusters Charleston - Why You Need to Clean Your Dryer Vents

Why You Need to Clean Your Dryer Vents

“Lint buildup in the exhaust vent is by far the most dangerous material, as it is highly combustible."

Charleston, South Carolina’s own Ashbusters Chimney Services technicians have earned the highest certification in Dryer Exhaust Cleaning and Repair possible. What this means for the local Charleston consumer is that when they hire a dryer technician from Ashbusters Charleston to come out and clean the dryer vent, they can be confident that the work will be done efficiently and correctly.

This is extremely important because according to http://www.usfa.fema.gov ,there are around 2,900 dryer vent fires reported each year in residential buildings. These fires lead to 5 deaths per year, 100 serious injuries and over $35 million dollars in property losses! To prevent fires and loss within the home, it is important to only hire certified, local professionals like the ones at http://ashbusterscharleston.com/. Ashbusters technicians can be counted on to make sure that a vent system is thoroughly cleaned, up to code, and functioning properly.

According to the CSIA, “Technicians desiring to be a CSIA Certified Dryer Exhaust Technician are tested on building codes, NFPA 211, NFPA 54 standards, and all facets of cleaning and examining residential and commercial dryer exhaust systems.” They also state, “The examination evaluates a Dryer Exhaust Technician's understanding of the basic information technicians must master to become competent dryer exhaust safety and fire prevention specialists”.

When asked about the most dangerous element when it comes to dryer vent fires, Ashbusters Charleston’s own John Perdue stated, “Lint buildup in the exhaust vent is by far the most dangerous material, as it is highly combustible. Lint coupled with an overheated dryer is the perfect condition for a potential fire.”

If a fire does happen in the laundry room, it tends to spread very fast due to the fact that clothes are traditionally hung up or waiting to be placed in the next load. Clothes are made up of highly flammable fibers, so the fire gets very hot very fast, and can travel quickly to other areas of the home.

One sure sign that a vent system may need some attention is if it takes more than one cycle to dry the same load of clothes. This is an indication that something is wrong and should be addressed as quickly as possible. Lint can block or impede the exhaust vent and even cause overheating if not cleaned.

To see more statistics about dryer fires and how to prevent one, check out the infographic at http://ashbusterscharleston.com/statistics-show-why-you-need-your-dryer-vents-cleaned/

Share article on social media or email:

View article via:

Pdf Print

Contact Author

Taylor Hill

6156780120
Email >
Visit website