“E komo mai, which means ‘welcome’ in Hawaiian, is how we want every guest to feel, including keiki, as they check-in at our front desk."
Lahaina, HI (PRWEB) May 15, 2013
Hyatt Regency Maui Resort and Spa is dedicated to continually improving the guest experience for every traveler, including keiki (Hawaiian for “child” or “children”). The resort recently introduced the “Keiki Club” program, a special registration for children that mirrors the typical hotel check-in process. This program is the newest addition to the resort’s outstanding offerings for families, reflecting Hyatt Regency Maui’s commitment to providing a memorable keiki experience.
From 2-4 p.m. every day, little guests at Hyatt Regency Maui are greeted upon arrival in traditional Hawaiian fashion with shell lei and are invited to “check-in” at the keiki registration desk. Keiki guests are asked to provide their name, age, and state or country for the Recreation Attendant. The attendant will then provide the keiki with their own special Hawaiian nickname.
The Recreation Attendant then discusses Hyatt Regency Maui’s age-appropriate family offerings and assists with customizing a special itinerary designed to give them the best personalized Hawaiian experience possible. Finally, little travelers are sent on their way with a travel sack filled with tropical themed favors, a child-friendly resort map, crayons, activity book, hotel post cards, and a child passport featuring a photo of the keiki along with their Hawaiian name. The passport acts as a scavenger hunt, outlining the numerous activities available for keiki at the resort. Each time a child participates in an activity on the passport – whether it be attending a wildlife tour, taking a snorkel lesson, feeding the penguins or a variety of others – they receive a stamp. Children with five stamps on their passport receive a surprise free gift to take home.
“E komo mai, which means ‘welcome’ in Hawaiian, is how we want every guest to feel, including keiki, as they check-in at our front desk,” remarked Michael Jokovich, general manager of Hyatt Regency Maui. “Families choose to spend their vacations with us because we embrace them as part of our ohana (Hawaiian for family), and we want to ensure we provide the best that Maui has to offer.”
A day in the life of a keiki guest can include:
- Keiki Lagoon – The resort’s 3,000 square foot, dedicated children’s pool featuring 25-foot water slide, sandy beach play area, water turtles and floating dolphin
- Spa Moana – Special kid-centric spa treatments, such as a keiki manicure or pedicure, at Maui’s only oceanfront spa
- Exploring Maui’s Wildlife – Daily penguin and koi fish feeding, a resort wildlife collection, and complimentary wildlife tours for resort guests.
- Camp Hyatt – Fun and interactive programs, such as hula lessons, lei making, fishing, coconut bowling, Hawaiian tile painting, and more
- Drums of the Pacific Luau – Traditional Hawaiian fare and authentic entertainment at the award-winning luau located on the Sunset Terrace.
- Tour of the Stars - An educational and awe-inspiring astronomy experience, named “Best in the World” by CNN
From our ohana to yours, Hyatt Regency Maui also extends the Ultimate Maui Family Vacation to guests to experience Hawaii all year round. The Ultimate Maui Family Vacation includes:
- Mini-van rental
- Free parking at resort
- Complimentary buffet breakfast for two adults and two children (ages 12 and under)
- Two tickets for the price of one to the Drums of the Pacific Luau
- Two tickets for the price of one to the Tour of the Stars
- Complimentary ticket for one child (ages 12 and under) to Submarine, Lanai Snorkel, or Dolphin Watch Excursion when accompanied by paying adult
- Offering bookable starting June 1, 2013
For more information regarding Hyatt Regency Maui Resort and Spa, please contact the resort by phone at (808) 661-1234 or visit the website at http://www.maui.hyatt.com.
About Hyatt Regency Maui Resort and Spa – Authentic Hawaiian Hospitality Surrounded by Tropical Luxury
Ideally situated on 40 tropically landscaped oceanfront acres along a three-mile stretch of the famed Ka’anapali Beach, Maui’s longest crescent beach, Hyatt Regency Maui Resort and Spa offers an authentic Hawaiian experience in a setting of tropical luxury. Each of the 806 guestrooms, including 31 suites, affords Hawaiian elegance with plantation-style furnishings and a private lanai with panoramic views. Boasting endless amenities including Spa Moana, Maui’s only oceanfront, 15,000 square-foot luxury spa and fitness center, elaborate water playground with tropical streams and waterfalls, championship golf, tennis courts, scuba and catamaran sails, four restaurants, shopping, and over 100,000 square feet of indoor and outdoor function space, as well as expert-led stargazing, luau, and wildlife, art and tropical garden tours, Hyatt Regency Maui Resort and Spa offers everything necessary to create the quintessential Maui getaway.
For more information regarding Hyatt Regency Maui Resort and Spa, please contact the resort by phone at (808) 661 1234 or (808) 233-1234, or visit the resort website: http://www.maui.hyatt.com.