We simplify the user experience and allow mobile syncing to work the way it should.
REDMOND, Washington (PRWEB) May 18, 2013
Avidian Technologies, an award-winning software firm based in Washington, recently rolled out a major update to its flagship product, Prophet CRM. The update gives Prophet users increased contact management functionalities across multiple devices that end users now use to manage their contacts and sales opportunities. Prophet was also updated to solve the duplicate contact issues that frustrate millions of people on a daily basis.
Designed to work with Outlook, Prophet CRM is easier to use than other CRMs since it works with the software that sales staff are already using. Users can centralize a company’s contact database using information already in team members’ contact lists. Through automated follow-ups and customizable reports, management and staff can track sales activities, and avoid missed opportunities.
With this release, Prophet CRM now includes the following new/improved features:
- Prophet SyncAcross. When contacts are assigned to a user, those contacts will be automatically synced and accessible on the assigned user’s PCs and mobile devices. Also with SyncAcross, Prophet users will no longer need an Exchange Public or SharePoint folder to create a centralize contact database. The Prophet Cloud or OnPremise Server will automatically create a centralized contact database that all Outlook and Prophet devices can sync to. Any changes made to a contact will be synced to all users assigned to that contact. This is a huge move forward for the CRM industry as contacts finally work the way people want it to — syncing across all devices PCs, laptops, tablets and mobiles phones that a person uses to manage contacts.
- Prophet DupeDetector: With this release, the DupeDectector helps companies minimize duplicate contact creation throughout the entire company. When users create a new contact, Prophet CRM will automatically search existing contacts to determine whether that contact already exists, and display duplicates if one or more exists. Users can then assign themselves to that contact or create a new one should they still chose.
- Attach URL file. With the proliferation of online storage companies, Prophet CRM users can now attach a URL file to an opportunity. This will help those users who would like to use online file storage locations to store and retrieve files related to their opportunities from vendors like Dropbox, Box.com, Microsoft Skydrive and Google Drive.
- Updated support. Avidian has added support for users of Windows 8, Outlook 2013, and Windows Server 2012.
- Stage history tab. A “stage history” tab has now been added to the opportunities section. Here, users can view the entire history of an opportunity, including when that stage was modified, what stage it was changed to, and which user made the stage change.
- Auto-generated number. Opportunities can now be assigned a unique number when they are created. The number will be displayed on the General tab of an opportunity. This update is only available by request on Prophet 6 databases.
- Hundreds of minor enhancements and fixes. Some enhancements and bug fixes are in response to user requests. These minor changes include an improved new user wizard, refreshed Prophet toolbar buttons, changes to button action logic and performance and reliability enhancements.
“The latest update to Prophet CRM represents many months of effort to greatly improve the customer experience when interacting with contacts,” Eric Bolstad, director of software development for Avidian, says. “We have moved away from relying on a shared contact folder in Outlook to stored contacts. In doing so, we simplify the user experience and allow mobile syncing to work the way it should. As a result, the redesigned contact sync engine allows for mobile contact updates/additions to sync into the Prophet CRM database. We call this feature SyncAcross, a way to sync contacts across Prophet users’ contact folders. One common complaint among CRM users is creating duplicate contacts. So, we responded by creating a rapid-search dialog that will automatically populate potential matches, avoiding contact duplication across Outlook on the PC, phone, and tablet.”
More than 15,000 companies worldwide use Prophet CRM, a number that increases each day. Prices start at $180/year for individual users. For more information on Prophet CRM, visit http://www.avidian.com/