SAN FRANCISCO (PRWEB) May 21, 2013
Jill Milan®, a provider of designer Italian handbags, today announced it is launching its first retail store, a pop-up location in San Francisco. The luxury brand chose the Westfield San Francisco Centre for the company’s first brand-dedicated retail store, which will open May 24.
“We are very excited to be launching our first Jill Milan retail store in San Francisco,” said Jill Fraser, CEO of Jill Milan. “Jill Milan products are made of exquisite materials by Italian artisans whose craftsmanship is the best in the world. Having our own store will give our San Francisco customers a chance to see the collection in person and experience this quality.”
The new store will feature Jill Milan’s summer collection, along with a preview of the upcoming Fall/Winter 2013-2014 collection. Jill Milan’s pop-up store will operate in Westfield’s San Francisco Centre on Market Street through June 20.
Ms. Fraser collaborated on the store’s visual concept with Amy Fischer, founder of Los-Altos-based Spectrum Interior Design, whose projects include interior architecture, decorating services and residential remodels of single family luxury homes, exclusive custom estates and luxury vacation homes.
Ms. Fraser was inspired to found Jill Milan when she was unable to find high-quality, luxury handbags that were not made of leather or other animal-based materials. She is a supporter of animal welfare initiatives, and as a former equestrian particularly supports charities that benefit horses. Jill Milan contributes to non-profit animal-welfare organizations.
The Jill Milan collection is made entirely in Italy, by Italian artisans using Italian materials. Features include hand stitching and metalwork handmade by craftsmen who create jewelry for Europe’s leading luxury brands. All Jill Milan products are free of animal-based materials such as leather, fur and wool.
Celebrities who have carried Jill Milan on red carpets include two of February’s Academy Award recipients. Anne Hathaway, winner for Best Performance by an Actress in a Supporting Role, has carried Jill Milan to premieres in New York and London for her films “Les Miserables” and “The Dark Knight Rises.” Jennifer Lawrence, winner for Best Performance by an Actress in a Leading Role, carried Jill Milan to events leading up to January’s Golden Globe Awards. Other celebrities who have carried Jill Milan handbags for red-carpet appearances include:
- Kerry Washington, star of the ABC series “Scandal,” carried Jill Milan to the White House Correspondents’ Dinner earlier this month, as well as to the London and Berlin premieres of her film “Django Unchained.”
- Eva Longoria has carried Jill Milan handbags on several occasions, including January’s presidential inauguration, and she was one of the earliest Hollywood celebrities to carry Jill Milan when she carried the Art Deco Clutch to the “Desperate Housewives” wrap party last year.
- Isla Fisher, whose latest film "The Great Gatsby" was released this month, carried the Jill Milan Art Deco Clutch to the New York premiere of her film "Rise of the Guardians.”
- Singer Carrie Underwood carried the Jill Milan Holland Park Clutch to the CMT Artists of the Year awards in December, and in November she attended the American Music Awards carrying the 450 Sutter Clutch.
- Actress Rachel Nichols carried the 450 Sutter to the premiere of her movie “Alex Cross.”
- Actress Stana Katic of television’s “Castle” carried Jill Milan to the “Game of Thrones” premiere and to the 2013 Film Independent Spirit Awards in February.
- Actress Fiona Gubelmann of television’s “Wilfred” carried Jill Milan as a presenter at the recent Genesis Awards as well as to numerous premieres.
- Countess Michelle Czernin von Chudenitz is seen frequently in red carpet appearances carrying Jill Milan evening clutches.
- Actress Kristanna Loken, whose films include “Terminator 3: Rise of the Machines” and who has appeared on television’s “Burn Notice” and “The L Word,” carried Jill Milan to the 2013 FilmBall in Vienna, Austria.
Jill Milan handbags have drawn increased attention from influential fashion media. Bag Snob featured the Art Deco Clutch in a feature earlier this month, and online entertainment, fashion, and lifestyle news magazine Entertainista named the SoHo Carryall as one of its “Must Have Handbags for Spring.” W Magazine featured the Holland Park Clutch in an issue last fall, highlighted the Art Deco Clutch in its “Most Wanted” feature and featured the 450 Sutter Clutch in one if its trends supplements. The Zoe Report recognized the Newbury Street Portfolio for its ability “to go from the office to cocktail hour.” Wedding media publisher The Knot featured the Art Deco Clutch as part of a striking ensemble in a recent weddings magazine. Influential fashion blog Wendy’s Lookbook featured photos of fashion writer Wendy Nguyen carrying the Art Deco Clutch on her trip to Florence, Italy.
About Jill Milan
Jill Milan is a provider of luxury Italian handbags and fashion accessories. Made of exquisite materials, Jill Milan products are crafted in Italy by artisans who have created handbags and accessories for some of Europe’s best known fashion houses. All Jill Milan products are free of animal-derived materials, and the company contributes to animal-welfare organizations. Jill Milan is the only luxury handbag line entirely free of animal-derived materials which regularly appears on Hollywood’s red carpets. Visit Jill Milan on the Web and follow Jill Milan on Facebook.
# # #
Jill Milan and the Jill Milan logo are registered trademarks of Jill Milan LLC, and are protected by trademark laws of the United States and other countries. Academy Award is a registered trademark of the Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences. All other product and company names are trademarks or registered trademarks of their respective companies.