A gas engineer later discovered a leak from the boiler, taking action to make this safe.
(PRWEB UK) 23 May 2013
It has been reported in Manchester Evening News that a teenage girl and a woman both received treatment for CO poisoning from their central heating system. Fire crews attended Somerville Street, Halliwell after the 14-year-old girl and the 45-year-old woman complained of headaches and dizziness. The pair was taken to hospital for treatment and discharged overnight. A gas engineer later discovered a leak from the boiler, taking action to make this safe.
Renowned for their Lewisham emergency plumbers, Plumber 24 Hours operates throughout the country, in some of the largest cities including Manchester, also specialising in gas safety. As such, the team was naturally concerned by the latest news, and a representative from the agency offers their advice on how to detect carbon monoxide as early as possible.
“Because carbon monoxide symptoms are similar to those of flu or food poisoning, it can often be misdiagnosed. If your symptoms- things like headaches, nausea, and dizziness- are only present when you are at home, this should signal warning signs. Similarly, if you feel better when you’re outdoors, this could also suggest CO poisoning. It is also worth checking to see if other household members and even pets are displaying the symptoms at the same time.”
Plumber 24 Hours is the nation’s leading emergency plumber company. Run by Martin Smith, the firm offers plumbers, gas engineers, oil engineers, drainage engineers and emergency electricians, and works to provide a 24-hour domestic and commercial plumbing service 365 days of the year. With customer service the principle concern, Plumber 24 Hours has been noted by magazines as the most reliable plumbing emergency company. The company also makes use of the latest technology on the internet to make sure everything runs smoothly.