Both women were taken to hospital and later discharged. Meanwhile, a leaf from their boiler was discovered by a gas engineer and made safe.
(PRWEB UK) 23 May 2013
It has been reported in gizmag.com that a 14 year old girl and a 45 year old woman both received treatment for carbon monoxide from their central heating system. The pair complained of headaches and dizziness causing fire crews to attend Somerville Street, Halliwell, Bolton. Both women were taken to hospital and later discharged. Meanwhile, a leaf from their boiler was discovered by a gas engineer and made safe.
Renowned for their East Ham plumbers, We Fix Now operates throughout the entire London area. The agency also provides a number of gas safe registered engineers, who specialise in the safe installation, maintenance and repair of gas appliances such as boilers. The team were concerned by the recent incident, prompting a spokesperson to share their advice on the subject.
“The symptoms of carbon monoxide can be very similar to flu, food poisoning and viral infections, which makes it difficult to detect. However, things to look out for should include when and where you experience these symptoms. If you feel better when out of the house, this should be a warning sign. Also check to see if those you live with are experiencing similar symptoms.
“Above all else, remember to only ever have you gas work carried out by a fully qualified gas engineer and get appliances checked annually.”
We Fix Now is a London-based company providing emergency plumbers and electricians throughout the M25 and surrounding counties. Renowned for their fast and effective service, the firm also specialise in unblocking drains, fixing central heating and boilers and sorting problems with gas. With a strong focus on customer service, We Fix Now prides itself on providing fully qualified and experienced engineers day and night, every day of the year.