Community Connection Day provides an opportunity for our associates to join together and help organizations that do so much for others.
Richfield, Ohio (PRWEB) May 21, 2013
OEConnection LLC, a leading technology provider for OEM distribution networks and a recognized employer-of-choice in Northeast and Central Ohio, will mobilize associates for its 2nd annual Community Connection Day on Thursday, May 23, 2013. More than 200 associates from the company’s Richfield and Columbus offices will volunteer their time to tackle service projects at numerous charitable organizations located throughout the Cleveland/Akron and Columbus areas.
In all, ten teams of OEConnection associates will donate more than 600 volunteer hours on a range of service projects, including:
- Coordinating and hosting activities for residents at Ronald McDonald House of Cleveland
- Landscaping and Spring clean up for the Akron Public Schools
- Sorting, organizing, and assembling meals for Mobile Meals Inc. of Akron
- Weeding, trimming and planting at Cornerstone of Hope of Independence
- Sorting, inspecting and repackaging donated items at Akron-Canton Regional Food Bank
- Spring cleaning and assisting with afterschool activities at Boys & Girls Club of Cleveland
- Indoor and outdoor cleaning at Haven of Rest Ministries of Akron
- Sorting recovered/recycled donated medical supplies at Medwish International of Cleveland
- Landscaping tasks at True North Ministry of Akron
- Sorting and processing donations at Faith Mission of Columbus
“Community Connection Day provides an opportunity for our associates to join together and help organizations that do so much for others,” said Amy French, OEConnection Director of Marketing and Human Resources. “Not only is volunteerism an important aspect of the work/life balance, it’s also good for OEConnection. Working toward a common philanthropic goal helps to build teamwork and company pride.”
OEConnection partners with Cleveland-based Business Volunteer Unlimited (BVU) to coordinate its volunteer activities.
“We are thrilled to be a part of OEConnection Community Connection Day and help their employees connect with meaningful volunteer projects throughout our region,” said Brian Broadbent, President & CEO of BVU: The Center for Nonprofit Excellence. “This tremendous volunteer effort is just one of many ways OEConnection supports the community. The nonprofit organizations will benefit from the strength and number of employees making a difference in just one afternoon, and the volunteers will benefit from the reward of knowing they have made our community a little better through their generous donation of time and labor.”
About OEConnection LLC
OEConnection is the leading parts e-commerce technology provider for OEM distribution networks, serving over 36,000 dealership and repair customers. Customers use OEConnection products over 6 million times each month to market, manage and move original equipment parts, facilitating an estimated $19 billion in annual replacement parts trade. The company is headquartered in the greater Cleveland area at 4205 Highlander Parkway, Richfield, Ohio, 44286. Additional information is available at http://www.oeconnection.com or by emailing Joan Deegan at Joan(dot)Deegan(at)oeconnection(dot)com